Visits by recovering GBS patients

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2006 at 7:51 pm

My father was recently diagnosed with GBS. He was in the hospital for two weeks and has been in rehab for 3 weeks now. He is 80 years old and was active and still working before this virus entered his life. He is beginning to get discouraged. My Dad is at the Loch Raven Veterans Hospital on Loch Raven Blvd. in Baltimore. If there is anyone in the area that could visit or even just call him to let him know that even though the recovery process is slow, that he will get better, I think that would be very helpful for him. This site has been so helpful for both my mother and I. We have learned so much from everyone’s posts.

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2006 at 11:48 pm

Hi,

There are two liaisons currently listed in the GBS Communicator Newsletter for Maryland. Unfortunately none in Baltimore, but if you give them a call, they [B]may[/B] have some suggestions or know of someone who can help – its worth a try.

(I have just deleted the names and numbers and will send it to you in a private message, I know some people post numbers, I’m just not sure if I should do it or not)

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2006 at 9:19 am

btk-

I am not in MD but PA, but I would be very happy to send him a card. You can PM me here.

Wishing him the best.

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2006 at 9:21 am

I’m just up 83 in York PA and would love to get info to stop by this week and visit. Maybe Wed or Thursday! Only take me 45 mins to Baltimore!!!!