Vicks Vapo Rub

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2007 at 10:56 pm

I have been reading Dr. Gott’s column in the newspaper and he suggests Vicks for neuropathy. His readers have gotten relief when using this. He suggests that you put it on your feet and then wear socks to keep it from being messy. I suggested this to my grief counselor who has hung in there with me when all of my friends deserted me during GBS. He had an abrasion on his shin and could not get rid of it. He tried the Vicks and it helped that too! What’s it going to hurt to try it? I haven’t tried it because my tingling is tolerable. His readers use a bar of soap under the sheets for Restless Leg Syndrome and it helps get rid of it. A friend tried it and it works wonders!

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2007 at 3:01 pm

I also read Dr. Gott & remember seeing this about a year ago. I went out & bought some & tried it for a week or so. It did not help me, but then I have a lot of axonal damage in my feet, as well as terrible foot drop. If your damage is less than mine, it just might work for you. It is a cheap way to try to control foot pain.
      Pam