Very Sick Wife !

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 1:28 am

😉 [FONT=”Century Gothic”]Well this has not been a very good past few mnths for my wife. She has been in & out of the hospital numerous times, the first 2 times I took her back in November. That hospital just more or less dilly dallied around, & they never accomplished anything, just putting IVs in her & sending her home. She just stayed sick from a Urinary Tract Infection that was never put under control. So I quit messing with that hospital & decided to take her back to the hospital that had diagnosed her with the GBS in 2000. The first thing they did was to run all kinds of blood tests, & a urinalysis as to which it came back postive. They also ran a lumbar puncture because she was having body jerks that were very intense. They admitted her for 5 days they must have given her about every kind of antibiotic I could ever have seen. She was released on the 5th day & I thought she was going to be ok. Was that ever far from true, she started having problems again a wk later this time she was having another problem. She couldn’t get up by herself or walk, I took her to see her PCP Dr she told him she was having pain & burning when she urinated. 😡 That jerk didn’t even run a urinalysis, so I brought her home & she continued to get worse. So last Saturday I got her into a wheel chair & took her out to the car, & drove her off to the hospital again. They ran blood tests again & another urinalysis which came back positive, she was admitted to the hospital again. They ran another Lumbar Puncture & the neurologist decided to also do plasma pherisis to remove the impurities from her blood. She has had this done twice so far, & she underwent another lumbar puncture this time they were looking for signs of MS. She is going through a state called delirium due to the UTI & has been seeing things in the hospital room. Last night it was little men with great big bugged out eyes, this is just one of the things she has been seeing. She also saw them breaking out the window in her room & coming through it. She is on the 5th floor of the hospital, I don’t know what to expect next. I just hope they can soon find out whats causing especially the part of her not being able to get up & walk. As well as taking care of the UTI I’m just afraid we’re not going to have a very good christmas with her being sick. All I can do is hope things soon change.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 9:37 am

oh my gosh, i am so sorry that your wife is sick. i hope she feels better soon. You did the right thing in taking her back. I hope the doctors are able to help her this time. i want you to know that you are in my prayers and the only advise i can give you is the advise you have on your signature, NEVER GIVE UP. Good luck and i hope she is well for christmas!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 10:00 am

dustdemon, i’m soo sorry to hear your better part is ill. you are doing all the right things as far as her health is concerned, keep up the good work. i’m sure she will be better before xmas. she wouldn’t have it any other way. and if by chance she isn’t, then just celebrate it with her when she is better. please keep an eye on her with the antibiotics, as some of them can be responsible for the weakness in her legs and body. Both your wife and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. take care. keep us updated when you get a chance.

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 2:31 pm

Dustdemon,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. What a hard time and at this time of year sure doesn’t help. I don’t know for sure, but maybe the delirium is her mind’s way of coping with all this – an escape of sort. Be sure to keep us updated. Cyber hugs to you *hugs*

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 3:04 pm

I am so sorry to hear about all these problems. I wish there was more I could do besides telling you that I am thinking of you both. Please keep us posted on what is happening.

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 4:40 pm

Hello,
      Your wife will be in our prayers, just watch the posts and you’ll see that a chain; the links of your family here; is starting.

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 5:00 pm

DustDemon I will be praying that things go Ok for your wife and she feels better by christmas.

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 10:14 pm

[COLOR=”Purple”]Hi Dustdemon. It would be interesting to know how old your wife is. Some of her symptoms sound like she has a systemic (blood) infection that started as a UTI. Maybe she hasn’t been getting the right antibiotic if they’re just treating the UTI or hasn’t received them long enough. I would find out from your doctor if they did blood cultures on your wife while she was in the hospital. Best wishes, Vicki[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 10:43 pm

[FONT=”Book Antiqua”]The hospital has ran every kind of blood test immagenable, this hospital does a very precise job of testing everything. My wife is 47 she was 40 when she came down with the GBS. Believe it or not when she went into the hospital she had a diseased gall bladder, the hospital she’s at now is the one that found this. She went to the local area hospital or bandaid station thats near where we live, they kept coming up with a different diagnosis 4 times she was there. They couldn’t get anything right, that’s why I’ll never take her there again. She is scheduled for XRays tomorrow morning, they think they found a blockage in her bowels. She had 95% of her colin removed in 2004 due to a colitis infection that almost totally destroyed her colin. I’m hoping that it’s not the case, because she could possibly have to undergo surgery for that. One thing her psychiatrist told me she is on Paxil which he said would cause a slow down of her bladder,causing it not to fully empty out. The remaining urine can also set up a urinary tract infection, I’ve also read some info on paxil that it can also cause twitching. Headaches & other conditions. So I’m going to have the Drs look into that. Like I said this has been a bad time for both of us, a few wks ago I got a nasty cut on my right knee by a chainsaw kickback, because the automatic chainbrake failed to work. Then today I stepped up on the front porch & I stepped on a rotten wooden board. The result of this was i went down on my right knee causing a massive amount of pain. I’m beginning to think I’ve been marked for some kind of program of destruction, this makes me want to just stay in the house & do nothing[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 11:26 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your wife’s health problems and your misfortunate accidents. Don’t dispair. We are praying for a good turn of events.

Peg

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2006 at 11:34 pm

Dustdemon,

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife! Ben and I will keep you both in our prayers.

Back in November, Ben became ill with his first cold virus since GBS in February 2005. I ended up having to take him to the hospital because his body was jerking uncontrollably. The ran all sorts of tests on him, but everything came back normal. In the end, it was decided his nerves were running rampant because of the virus his body was fighting. Hopefully, this is just the case with your wife as far as that is concerned. By the way, he’s been on Quinine for the last month, and it’s very helpful in controlling the jerking.

Shannon

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2006 at 10:50 pm

DD – So sorry you and your wife are having such a bad time lately. I hope things change for the better soon.

Regarding the hallucinations – a good friend of mine had auditory hallucinations when he was on Paxil. Don’t know how long your wife has been taking Paxil, but it’s something worth considering.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2006 at 12:03 am

I am so sorry for the difficult time your family is experiencing. My prayer for all of you is an inner calm that will see you through. Hugs to all.

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2006 at 1:38 am

[FONT=”Century Gothic”]Well when I went to the hospital tonight, I saw a totally different person. My wife was feeling better, I found that out about 5 minutes after I got there. The neurologist had made her mad, she is still unable to walk & he would not quit. He just stayed on her trying to get her up & make her walk. This did not work as she let him have it, I’ll just say she called him one word that wasn’t at all nice, in fact it was one of those words that would have embarrassed a lot of people. He finally got the message & stopped pressuring her, there were also a couple of pushy nurses that also added fuel to the fire. So my wife was more like her old normal self, as for the hallucinations they were caused by the Urinary Tract Infection. They just stopped, now if she can just get well enough to be released from the hospital I will be happy.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2006 at 9:30 pm

I’m glad to hear she is doing better! We look forward to more good news! Please tell her that a whole lot of people are cheering and praying for her out here!

And as for the word, I say, “Say it louder next time!” I’ve wanted to say a few of them myself at some doctors!!

Please keep us updated- especially when she can come home!!

Dennis

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2006 at 9:42 pm

Wonderful news about your wife getting better!

Amazing about the UTI causing halucinations. I had no idea this could happen!

Good for her for pushing back with her doctor. I really can’t understand why some medical people act that way.

Hope she’ll continue to improve quickly.

Give her my best wishes.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2006 at 11:46 pm

[FONT=”Century Gothic”]Well I thought I was going to have some news to tell everyone tonight, that my wife was out of the hospital. But I guess it was just wishful thinking, she got an all clear from all but one Dr. Seems as there was something wrong with her enzyme level, some of them were too high & some too low. Well I was so looking forward to it, I get depressed every year at christmas time, she is possibly going to have to stay another wk. So this just doesn’t make me feel very cheery.

Here’s something else that hasn’t helped in the last 3 wks I have been hurt 3 times. Two wks ago I got nice cut on my right knee by a chainsaw kickback, I was starting to get that all in better shape. Then Fri. I stepped on a rotten wooden board on my front porch, it broke & I wound up falling hitting my right knee on the edge of the porch. Today I was in the process of repairing this, I went into the barn to get lumber to replace that rotten wood. Something caused me to loose my balance that resulted in another injury to my leg & a nice little cut on my forehead. I think something has put a curse on me I just keep getting hurt, I mean what the heck gives here. Nothing but bad luck I feel like staying in the house & not trying to do anything. What a Christmas this is turning out to be.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2006 at 9:49 pm

DD – You really are having a rough time lately!

Don’t know if this applies to you or not, but at times when I’ve been under a lot of stress, I tend to be distracted. When this happens and I am trying to continue on with my life as if nothing is wrong, I’ve noticed that I often make mistakes that can (and sometimes do) cause me to get hurt.

Fortunately, nothing serious so far, but only by chance. I’ve finally learned to slow down and pay more attention, when I’m like this.

I hope your wife will be released for Christmas. Or at least by New Year.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 12:37 am

[FONT=”Century Gothic”]Well just to let everyone know my wife still seems be in a better mood, even though she’s still in the hospital. As for me I had to lay around the house all day & try to recouperate from my latest fall. What a month this has been 3 injuries for me this month, enough is enough. You know I put a Christmas tree up & it doesn’t have anything on it, I guess it’s like the empty feeling in the house with my wife not here. I just hope she’s well enough to get out of the hospital by the end of the week. Also I hope this photo posts its of my grand daughter Jenna.[/FONT]
      [IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e251/dustdemon/pictures267.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 11:49 am

Dustdemon,

Hang in there… or hold on. I have been on Paxil for many, many years and have very few side effects. But I know each person can be different. I sympathize with you as not knowing what is wrong is so frustrating. Once you get a correct diagnosis at least you can focus on that.

Sending you healing prayers and cyber hugs!

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Hi Terry,

I’m sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your wife.

Lots of hugs for you both too.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2006 at 9:50 pm

I’m so sorry for the all the crazy-making twists in your lives. I send you good wishes and will keep you all in my prayers.