Update on, "what ive gotten myself into"

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2008 at 7:06 pm

So everyone, im doing awesome! just wanted you to know, although i do have a bit of guilt about telling you that almost all of my symptoms are gone. the “electricity” is even getting a million times better!

i’ve been cooking, cleaning, shopping, and even sleeping almost normally! The baby is due in 18 days, so that still makes life a bit of a challenge, especially picking stuff up off the floor:p

Hubby handed me a quarter the other day at the car wash and we dropped it. All I did was look at him and he burst out laughing, shaking his head, saying, “Nope! I’m not picking it up!”

We were both laughing so hard, because obviously my belly is in the way of bending over that far. I called him a “butt head”. So, he said, “Come on roley poley, pick it up”. I stared at that darn quarter for a minute, thinking to myself, “Do i REALLY need that stupid thing right now?”

I decided that i wouldnt give my hubby the satisfaction of hearing me beg, so i picked it up myself. I was totally out of breath by the time i stood back up! 😮

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that life is good!
      Jamie

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2008 at 9:00 pm

Jamie, I am so happy for you! You are so awesome. I can hardly wait til baby is born. I feel like a cyber grandma or something. 😀

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2008 at 12:14 am

i’ll definitely post pics when baby comes! i’m anxious to see what this little one will look like.

i have hazel eyes and dark, straight hair. hubby has dark skin, brown eyes, and black curly hair. our 7 year-old is very pale, with big, blue eyes, freckles, and very light blonde curly hair. he has actually be standing within 10 feet of us and people have come up to him, asking if he lost, wondering where in the world his parents are:p he looks exactly like my hubby in the face, but people cant see that because he is a little “toe head”. actually, if you picture a cherub, that is exactly what he looks like.

my boys are absolutely gorgous, but i cant take credit for it because they look nothing like me:D hopefully, this one will look like my side of the family;)
      they are both tall like me though, which is really cool! my 13 year-old is about 5’9″ and is naturally muscular, like 150 lbs right now. he has a big heart like me, but is stubborn like his dad. of course, that is where all boys get their hard heads from, right?;)

still have a tiny bit of hope that this one is a girl, but they say its not. never wanted a girl before (grew up with 4 highly emotional, dramatic sisters), but this time i talked myself into wanting one, since boys break EVERYTHING, rip or stain EVERYTHING, etc. plus, ive outgrown my cool factor with the boys, but that happens with girls, too, just not as early!

okay, im rambling! im tired!

take care everyone!
      jamie

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2008 at 1:03 am

Jamie,

Raised three of the male ones myself. Between eating me out of house and home and as you say, breaking/staining everything in sight. they gave me lots of grief. But they also brought me lots of joy! I have one girl. She is the oldest but was always a real tomboy so never got to do the doll and dress thing. I am now getting to do those things with my granddaughter and love it!

I hope they are wrong and you get your girl. Every mom deserves a girl!

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2008 at 5:39 am

Jamie

Such good news … never feel guilty about feeling well as no one would ever wish anything less for you.

So exciting about the baby, i bet we are all anxious to hear the news once bub arrives so make sure you teach hubby how to long on here so he can update us.

I know what you mean about your kids not looking like you. I have fair skin and blue eyes. My partner has olive skin and brown eyes. All 3 of my kids are the image of their father. cayleb, the youngest is the least like him in that he has lighter hair and paler skin but even he looks like his dad as a boy. If i hadnt given birth to them i would worry that they werent mine lol. I always wanted girls but my mum warned me that little boys are much nicer. I am starting to agree … id much rather have boisterous boys than bitchy girls. I’m dreading what my 10 year old will be like when she is actually a teenager! But we love them all dont we:p

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2008 at 11:16 am

i love what you said about prefering boisterous boys over bitchy girls:D i laughed so hard, because one thing id always say to people who pressured me to have a girl was this…

“Look, girls whine and cry and are an emotional rollercoaster. Boys simply break things and hurt themselves. As long as my boys live through their injuries, im all good”.

You know, my wanting a girl now is more that id love to see my hubby with an emotional little girl climbing all over him, hugging him, kissing him, and telling him how much she loves him. If you knew my hubby, you’d laugh at that thought, since he is not emotional at all!

He is my best friend. We are very close and have a wonderful marriage. BUT…he’s told me he loves me maybe a handful of times, doesn’t like to be touched (unless it is headed in a certain direction;) ), is very quiet, and never, ever shows emotion. he is annoyed by gossip, senseless chatter, feelings, etc. Both of our families wanted to see him with a girl soooo bad:eek: “A little girl will break him! He’ll be wrapped around her little finger”, they all say. So, we are all holding onto the idea of “daddy’s little girl”! Of course, he says it doesn’t matter either way. Takes the fun out of picking on him about it:p

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Raising boys was fun for me-I liked going to the tball and little league games, track and pee wee football. You are right Jamie, they did break things, etc. etc. I caught my boys one time taking a hammer to a tonka truck which was marketed as indestructible and they were determined to destroy it, and the tonka truck won.:) Maybe we didn’t have dolls, but we had a zillion star wars, cowboys, army men-all those little critters that kill you to walk on one, and cluttered rooms is a mild word for what my boys rooms looked like. More like a tornado had come through their rooms!!!! And as they grew, so did their appetites:eek: Older one was identical to his dad in looks AND temperment and my younger one stayed short a long time, his goal in life was to be taller than me, and it took him until two years after high school to reach that goal-he loves to look down at me now:p He has a blend in looks between his dad and me, but has my temperment. Always wanted a girl too, but knew I definitey didn’t want three boys, so I stopped at two. Won’t comment on raising teenagers-you just hope you all survive…..

Jamie-hope your hubby takes a participant role in your delivery. I would love to see his smile and his eyes as he holds your new little one. And never forget-you got all us ciber space moms and grandmoms to root you on and give you all our support. Take good care. Love, Emma

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2008 at 9:28 pm

aawwww…you are so sweet!

sounds like my boys are quite normal then, since everyone else’s boys found great joy in demolishing expensive toys!

when my teenager was in elementary school, he wanted me to believe that his GI Joes had a war in my kitchen. he drilled holes in the GI Joes’ chests. problem – he did this on the kitchen floor and drilled too deep, ruining the floor. he also decided to drill a hole in our brand new glass top stove, since there would surely have been bullet holes at the scene. he hid his bullet-ridden soldiers in the hanging plants and marched me in there to see his wonderful creation. i was speechless. i cried to my hubby, asking him if our son was normal. it’s funny now:p bullet holes are still there:D

With the delivery of our 7 year-old, my hubby was like a little kid. he was so interested in what was going on, had out the camcorder and smiled ear-to-ear the entire time. he wasnt very sympathetic – was caught up in his own excitement at the foot of the bed with the doc. didnt get to cut the cord cuz it was around baby’s neck, so hoping he gets to do that this time. he’s gonna be great! i know it! but he wont baby me, which im used to. “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”, he’ll say, smiling at me like he only does when he knows i want to knock his block off:D It’s so cute! I hate that i cant stay mad at him when he smiles!

take care and i’ll keep you updated!
      jamie

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 12:20 am

Boy did your stories bring up all my old memories. I had a hellion for a first son. He never (really, he never) slept more than 15 min at a time for the first year or two of life:( He was truly hyperactive and the only way to keep him sane (and me) was through a very controlled diet. I was a burnt out mom! Our second son was diagnosed with a disability and ADHD to boot. So two hyper guys. Then came number three and he was the laid back, couch potato. I think I liked the hyper two better:rolleyes:

The story of the hammer reminded me of my oldest son when he was about three. He had gotten a new toy Case tractor just like daddy’s. It was his pride and joy. One day during harvest my husband asked me to go with him to help get a bearing off the combine that wouldn’t budge and he needed an extra pair of hands. That meant taking the kids with me. Now my hubby never really swore in front of the kids but he was really frustrated that day and so a few choice words came out. We did get the bearing off and then went into the house for lunch. After lunch I could hear this banging outside so I went to see what was going on. There was our son in the sandbox with a tack hammer banging away on his Case tractor and every second word out of his mouth was a swear..”GD, F’ing SOB”. I was floored and asked him what did he think he was doing. ( There was little or no paint left on the cab of the tractor). He looked up at me and with these innocent little eyes looking at me said, “Fixin’ my twactow”.

Ah for the good ole days….

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 1:30 pm

We sort have gotten off your main thread Jamie but I have to tell one more good ole days stories: When my second son was born not only was the cord aroung his neck, but so was his hand so he came out head and shoulder together, ripped me badly. Had a few birth marks and was on oxygen for 3 days. The pediatrician told me he would likely be moderately to severly retarded and I cried for days. Well that son is the one that’s an officer in the Navy today. When he gave me a tour on his aircraft carrier, he showed me his bunk ( remember I told you what his bedroom looked like ), and I laughed and commented how his bedroom used to look like. Also it was not uncommon to come home from work and find this kid with another bud flat on their bellies with about 50 army men spread out, playing war in our living room. They were juniors in high school:D , but I have always remembered that age old question” Do you know where your kids are?” and I could smile and say, yup, my kid is being silly right now with his bud, but I know where he is. These same two gave me headaches too-you never stop worrying about your kids, but they both turned out to be great men. And, thank God, my son is not retarded. Left handed and klutzy like me, but he is so proud to be in the Navy. Love being with him when he is in uniform, and someone will stop us in a store, and say “thank you” to him.

Would love to see your stove Jamie. Maybe you will have to keep having babies until you get that little girl that will wrap your hubby around her finger!!:) Emma

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 9:18 pm

you girls always make me laugh!!! i tell you, i honestly pray that he will just live to become an adult. he is such a “curious george” and never thinks before he acts. jan, we’ve taken him for ADHD testing and he passes the tests every time. i know that doesnt always mean much, but they swear he is just defiant.

when he was in elementary school, we got new patio doors. he cut a 3 foot tall hole in the screen door so the dog could come and go as he pleased. [B]until[/B] he was 4 years-old, he would sneak outside in the middle of the night, so i had multiple locks on the doors, even chain locks at the top and the sides. he would get his little table and chairs, stack them up, get a broom and climb up the stack, eventually undoing the chain with the broomhandle. no gate could stop him, even before he could walk.

when i finally found a combination of locks that did stop him, he started stacking toys up and climbing out his bedroom window. he was barely 3 years-old. our neighbors had a pool, so it was really scary because he could climb their fence like it was nothing. that kid!!! he scares me to death!!!

funny thing, though — he is afraid of the dark, heights, and loves to sleep at the foot of his grandparents bed when he stays the night with them:p he did that last night, and my parents love it because it reminds them that there is still a bit of their little boy left in him, even though he’s a teenager now.

he is the reason i kinda want a girl. he is just too much of a boy! cant wait to see what this one turns out to be like. doc says that if i dont have it by next week, then hes gonna break my water next tuesday, even though im not due til the 30th. im so excited and nervous at the same time!!!

i’ll let you know what happens!
      jamie

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Jamie,

So glad to hear things are much better for you. No boy stories for you from me…………….all girls. When our youngest Brandy was born a friend asked my husband oh so excited, what did you have? He very quietly said “another girl…………..guess I’m meant to have a haram of girls.” The poor fellow even went out to buy himself a hunting dog, he wanted another male in the house. Yep he returned with the only pup they had left, a girl. Trust me ladies, girls break things too especially when they are learning to drive……side mirrors off of cars, porch rails, fences……………..you name it we’ve repaired it. And eat, my oldest 102 pounder can put most boys to shame with the amount of food she can ingest. She moved out of the house last fall (at the age of 25) and into her boyfriend’s house. About two months later I get this call, “Mom, I’m moving home” thought for sure she and her boyfriend had battled but oh no………….she is still afraid of the dark and they had lost their power. In spite of having 3 dogs and a big boy friend with no power she still wanted to sleep on the foot of our bed………………I took her the camping laterns. Poor Justin is still trying to adjust to sleeping with lights on.
      Let us know Jamie when that little one arrives!

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 10:56 pm

Oh Maggie,

What a hoot. Good thinking with the lanterns! It is true though that they never really grow up. They will always need us, regardless of gender. We always laugh as the one child we most worried about was our third child who is affected by a disability and he is now the one we least worry about as well as being the only one who has never moved back home! Go figure….

• Anonymous
      July 15, 2008 at 12:26 am

Oh you girls..you have made me laugh and made me cry with all of the stories. I am the lucky mother of one of each. My daughter is 22 and my son is 18. My daughter has been living on her own for a couple of years now but my son graduated high school in may, and I moved him to his own apartment(shared with three other boys) last week where he started college last monday. I miss both of them so much. Tonight is my first night alone because one of my sons friends is still lliving here until he moves out for school next month and I almost always have nieces and nephews over night. However, I am afraid of the dark and not used to being alone so needless to say I probably won’t sleep a bit. LOL. But I know what you mean about boys and girls, my daughter was a tomboy so she was always doing something that worried me but she was an easy child when she was younger, my son however would climb on anything, destroy anything and yet come up and give me the most winning smile in the world. As they got older my daughter became more defiant, moody, all those things that girls go thru, my son on the other hand would lay on the end of my bed and talk to me for hours. Now I try to talk to my kids on the phone at least once a day. Joshua called me at 11:30 the other night just to talk and tell me about his day. I miss them soooooo much. But I want them to spread there wings and learn to fly on their own. So all of you moms enjoy every minute of every day and remember that material things can be replaced eventually but those memories can never be taken away.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2008 at 1:51 am

watch, if i do have a girl, she will look and act just like her daddy! our youngest is nothing like me! hubby’s genes totally took over. the women in his family are exactly the same (my hubbys mom and aunt). oh boy, if that happens, i wont know what to do! they are alient women to me! i love hugs n kisses n being silly, talking and stuff. they do none of that! i wouldnt know to do:confused: if that happens, i may need a support group:D

doc told me to walk a lot if i want this baby to come soon, so i took 5 kids to the county fair today. no luck! maybe every little bit helps though? im getting soooo silly and excited!!!! im annoying my kids cuz i laugh at everything, for way too long and way too hard, even when no one else is laughing.

Today, i went to kiss my teenager from behind and he leaned forward to dodge my kiss. problem? he was opening the freezer door at the same time and whacked himself in the forehead. he had a big red knot on his head – all because he was dodging his mommy’s kiss:D it was insanely funny to me and i almost pee’d my pants (pregnancy doesnt help!). of course, im the only girl in the house, so no one else laughed – just looked at me like i was a nut and walked away:rolleyes:

heck, im still laughing about it!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2008 at 9:28 am

Jamie, laugter is the best medicine. The stress is beginning to abate for you as you begin to feel better and that in and of itself makes laughter easier. I am so happy for you that you are in such an awesome place right know…right in time for baby. As for the touchy feeling stuff, hug and kiss that baby lots and it will learn to love it!!

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2008 at 9:54 am

Jamie-Bring on the touchy, feelie, hugs, and kisses. I luckily grew up with that. To this day, my 37 year old son will kiss me anywhere in public and always ends his calls to me,” I Love You Mom”. Keep laughing Jamie-it’s good for the soul. Unfortunately, my granddaughter lives with her mom in Seattle, so I only get to see her once a year or two. She is a daddy’s girl and excludes all others when she with with her daddy. He flew up to see her yesterday, he always flies up to see her in between deployments. We are hoping that when she is old enough to choose, she will live with her daddy and then I can babysit-yipee!!!! Kids and grandkids make my life so enriched, every time my son calls me, my body just feels great and my heart full.

Maggie-your girls sounded pretty tame with their car adventures. One night my older son and his buddy, my best friend’s son, decided to take a joy ride in my car(big old car), they were only 15, and ended up in a corn field, my car was totaled, corn was totaled, the boys were fine, and my girl friend and I ended up sitting in the police station about midnight!!! No charges were filed or tickets, just warnings. Definitely not funny at the time but we have had a few laughs over it since. Thank goodness Clairol hides all my gray hairs!!! Emma

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2008 at 10:38 am

You girls!!! You are all so funny!

My kids arent driving age yet – thank goodness! But i can see how girls would be better at wrecking the car than boys. I imagine girls do little things all the time, like taking out the mirrors, denting the fenders, etc. and that when boys do it, they do it well, like totally the entire car. Like ive said before, as long as my boys survive their boy-ish ways, i’ll be fine. It may take years to be “fine”, but i’ll get there, right:p

Actually, my son did crash our really nice truck into a tree in our yard. It was the day before the lease was up and somehow our insurance had expired 3 days prior, so it wasnt covered. The cash to fix it came out of our pocket (and not his rear end, since i was too mad to deal with him). Why did he do this? I asked him to put our rickety old ladder back in the garage. He could carry it all the way around the house with one hand before, but for some reason, that day it took a big truck to move it about 15 feet:confused:

Oh, dont worry about my any of my kids getting away without hugs n kisses:D They know better than to fight me off; they cant win. My hubby can though, but has learned that if just gives up and hands over the hug and kiss, then he can go on with the rest of his day much easier. Gosh, I love that man! It used to hurt my feelings when he dodged me. Now i just think its cute;)

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2008 at 9:12 am

having a ball reading all your stories girls!

jamie, had to laugh about hubby missing out on cutting the cord. Same thing happened to my partner. when our daughter was born he was at the foot of the bed being the docs assistant so he was a bit disappointed he didnt get to cut the cord as they were in a hurry for some reason?. So number 2 comes along and he gets in early and tells the doc he wants to cut the cord this time. baby gets stuck, posterior, with cord around its neck (9lb 9oz baby) so rushed off for emergency caesar. I ask for a general so he cant even come in (goes outside for a cigarette instead due to all the stress). No 3was only 13 months later and they decided on another caesarean. I have beautiful photos of him all dressed in his gown etc ready to come into theatre. They give me a premed and he nearly passes out from the needle. He regains his composure, but only until they give me the epidural. 3 times he had to leave the room – in the end they told him to stay outside and they called him in just as the baby was delivered. What a wuss!

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2008 at 5:28 pm

again, im laughing my butt off! these stories make me smile every time! My hubby is afraid of needles, too, but does fine as long as they dont come near him.

Okay, belly ache coming on. gotta go. This happens to me a lot – always has. Every time it happens now, though, i have to wonder if its time for the little guy to arrive. My little cousin is due the same day as i am, and they ended up breaking her water last night. Not sure if baby is here yet, though. Makes me anxious to have my own.

Adios!

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2008 at 11:08 pm

You all are too funny. I just had to reply. I have a 3 year old daughter who is a super talker. The most frequent compliment she receives other than for cuteness is, “You are so articulate!” Pretty soon she’ll be saying that too. And have I got crying, whining, clingyness and drama? Yep, yep, yep and yep. Oh, silly and bossy too. She’s also super affectionate. Right now she wants to be tickled, but is distracted by chocolate. Go figure. I’m not sure how I’ll handle this next one if it’s boy. Sounds like I’ll be a nervous wreck since we live on a ranch. Although, I’m usually calm in a medical emergency. Guess I’d survive a boy too. I’ll have to wait a few months and see. Am due Christmas. If I need a laugh I know where to find it. Thanks girls!

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2008 at 2:46 am

another little one on the way??? sweet!!! your daughter reminds me of my friend’s little girl.

when she was a toddler, she was talking on the toy phone at her daycare center/preschool. another little girl was trying to ask her a question during her “phone call”. She covered the mouthpiece of the phone with one hand, put her index finger to her lips with the other, and told the other girl very sternly, “IF I’VE TOLD YOU ONCE, THEN I’VE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES…DON’T INTERRUPT ME WHILE IM ON THE PHONE!”

Gee, cant imagine where she got that from:D My friend was so embarassed!!! She was totally busted! The teachers obviously rubbed it in her face as soon as she walked in the door that day (and many more:D ).

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2008 at 4:36 pm

That sounds like Abigail. Sometimes she’ll look at us and say sternly, That is NOT appropriate! I guess when we become parents we become continually both proud and exasperated while loving them the whole time. The other day at when I picked Abigail up from daycare the provider told me Abigail had been trying unsuccessfully to boss a couple older boys. When Abigail complained about it, the provider told her, “I don’t think the boys are going to listen to a bossy little girl.” Abigail replied indignantly, “I’m not little; I have my big girl panties on!” I just had to laugh and shake my head.

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2008 at 6:06 pm

I love this thread. I went back and started from the beginning and reading everyone’s posts and laughed again. Was trying to think of another story to tell, but head won’t let me focus, so am enjoying reading about all your kids. My son called awhile ago and we just got caught up on things-he is now asking me advice about his daughter and complains about the same things that I always complained about–only now I think it’s funny with him having the problem and he doesn’t think it’s funny at all.:) Age old problems never change. My sis, bro and I had 7 kids-all but one were boys, and now all our kids flipped it just the opposite-almost all the grandkids are girls, so we come with an intersting mix of stories. Sending you pregnant gals lots of good thoughts–thinking also, I’m glad it’s you, not me:D
      Emma

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Hey everybody!

typed you another post last night, but my internet signal went kaput, again.

Emma,

you must love those conversations with your son! I dont even know what you look like, but i swear i can see you sitting there trying not to burst out in laughter as your son complains to you about the pains of parenthood! How refreshing!

My son is only 13, but he has little siblings from his dads ex-girlfriend that he has had stay the night a couple times. my son was a real handful when he was their age, and one of them acts just like him. I told him to have his little brother get his shoes on (age 5) and the kid had a huge tantrum. i was totally having flashbacks of my son at that age, doing the exact same thing. Dont know why the kid had such an issue with putting his shoes on and getting in the car. i just stood back, laughing hysterically at my son trying to convince his bro to do something that should have been so simple. He kept looking at me like, “Mom! Help! What do i do?” I didnt help – just smiled, and he knew why i got so much joy out of it, too.

Cant wait to be a grandma, like you, Emma! To have the grandbabies to love up must be wonderful!

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Emma. Sometimes I wonder about my sanity in having another one, especially when I talk to others and see that it does NOT get easier as they get older. Looks to me like it just gets different. I ask my mom “how did you handle…..?” Sometimes she knows, or has suggestions, and heavens preserve me, sometimes says she doesn’t know. How is that possible? She’s MOM! It is comforting to have her on my side though, even if she doesn’t know. Sounds like your son feels the same way about you, so you must have done a good job:)despite his antics. I loved my grandparents dearly, and only have one left now, who doesn’t know me anymore. Enjoy those little ones now. Goodness, isn’t that what people tell ME? I guess it’s always good advice. I’m glad we can laugh at the craziness, and that in end it just makes them more precious. This is a fun thread. Today Abigail was telling the daycare provider all about lightening and how it’s a lot of electricity, etc., etc. She’s 3! Anybody have any really electric kid stories? I’d love to hear them. Foxflower

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Foxflower, For electric stories-you better ask Jamie-her mother raised 5 GIRLS-can’t get more electric than that. My harrowing electric stories about raising two boys were bad enough going through them once, much less telling their stories again-gray hairs for moms guaranteed!!!!!:D

But I have to tell you about me maybe. My sis and bro were so much older than me and my bro used to pick on me ALL the time-like he would be standing at the bottom of our stairs and I was running down them, and WHAM he would slam the door into me, usually catching my fingers! You know, all the kind of horrible stories the baby of the family can tell. A few years ago we three, now senior citizens, were talking about our childhoods(my bro will go to his grave denying that he ever touched me!) and my sis calmly stated, ” well the reason he probably beat on you all the time was because I beat on him all the time.” I almost fell off the chair when she said that. I spent a lot of my adult years not liking my bro because of our childhood. She must have beat him up when nobody was looking, but most of the time he got caught with me.:D Not a real electric story, but a true one, nevertheless, and I love my sis and bro dearly now. We have fun sharing grandchildren and kid stories.

I do too have an electric story to tell. I told it on another thread earlier-I got a call today and when I picked up the phone, this sweet little voice said,”hello gramma Emma” and that is the very first time my 6 year old granddaughter has ever called me!! We talked several minutes without any prompting from daddy. She lives in Seattle, but talk about an electric moment. Then talked to my son for almost an hour-I so enjoy talking to him-and no I don’t always have the answers either-moms are human-better to be truthful and admit I don’t have all the answers than just to guess at something. Never easy being a mom, no matter how old your kids are, but I love being a mom, no regrets about that!

Emma

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2008 at 5:00 am

jamie, you are a bit quiet so i am wondering if any baby news yet? July is almost over so you must be due any day now. there is nothing more exciting than hearing about a new arrival:D Sending positive vibes for an easy delivery and a healthy bub