Update on my brother

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to give y’all an update on how my brother is doing.

He contracted GBS just before Christmas — has been in the hospital ever since — and will be going home on Tuesday, Feb 20. So — almost exactly two months.

He’s able to walk (some) — still a little wobbly which is understandable. They’ve had him walking up / down stairs which is great since he has a two story house. He is also now able to do an arm curl — so he can finally feed himself, use the phone etc. I’m not sure if his fingers have come back yet though. He’s still has his positive attitude which I’m sure has helped his recovery and will continue to help him through his outpatient physical therapy.

My husband and I will be driving back up to help him / his wife with the transition home etc. Let’s hope there’s no major storms / weather to stall our plans.

I want to thank you all for your kind support and reassurance — I felt it and I will always be grateful.

Best wishes…
      Jann

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 11:40 pm

Hi Jann, That is wonderful news!! Give your brother my best and please give him a BIG HUG for me. Remind him he needs to get plenty of rest and not to over do things. Hope he can come online soon. Take care.:)

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 1:51 am

Jan,

It’s terrific news about your brother coming home. Sounds like he’s doing well with his recovery. Please keep us posted and give him my best.

Also, thank you for the interesting and informative posts about homeopathic healing. I wish you the best as well, and hope you will continue to post here.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 8:19 pm

Jann,

Just as SuzyQ said, I do hope you continue to post here.

I think by now, with all your information gathering about GBS you can be your brothers own personal ‘neurologist’, well ….. almost 😉 .