update on lidocaine stick for Dell

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2007 at 5:47 pm

Today, we are in the hospital again for an ivig treatment. I told the asst. administrator I would try the 5% lidocaine cream. We did and it did not work. We left it on for 2 hours. He cried when he was stuck but with the injection of lidocaine, he doesn’t even know when the put the needle in. The asst. nurse manager witnessed it, we’ll see if we have any problems, I’m sure we will.

I called the asst. administrator and left a message, hopefully she will be up to our room to discuss how we are going to get the lidocaine in injections.

Thanks for everyone who wrote. I appreciate it.

Lori

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2007 at 9:43 pm

Hey Lori.

I was wondering if you have thought about doing home care instead of going to the hospital. They are MUCH more relaxed about things & they would probably be more willing to do the Lidocaine stick.

They also monitor better, I think. In the hospital we were always being put on hold because the nurse was busy. We don’t have that here as Emily is the only person that the nurse needs to take care of.

I thought I’d just throw it out there.
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2007 at 5:53 pm

We have thought about home health. The last time I talked to the dr. about it, he said he’s like to revisit the idea later because he likes to see Dell. We are very fortunate to see him at every treatment. He can see how Dell is doing. Although I email him with updates, seeing him in person is priceless.

So far, we have been very happy with the nursing staff. They are pretty diligent about the ivig.

Thanks for your reply.
      Lori