Update On Decisision To Have

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Here is an update on decision on my elective surgery to have an endrometrial ablation. Well I had itb on Tuesday Dec 7, on monday I was still so scared since I still have GBS 4 yrs later. I almost called & cancelled it, but I did not. I went ahead with it on Tues. morning. I had to be at hospital @ 7 a.m. I told my gyno & anesthesologist that I was so very scared ! They said they will watch me like a hawk in OR & in recovery. I don’t think it took long for me to wake up. This procedure was done under general, & my gyno said I would be under a max around 15 mins. I have severe hypersensitivity in my feet , so my dr. let me wear my shoes & braces for my feet & ankles in OR , I’m glad of that !!!He came in to recovery & said everything went well & I should be pleased with results.

Yesterday I was very crampy !! & today my stomach hurts from bending, bending still very difficult & painful. Thank God for pain meds !! I also prayed to God a few times before surgery & my aunt had her prayer warriors praying for me.It has been 33 hrs since surgery & the only problems are the abocve mentioned & my appetite is still not up to full capacity as before. I started out light yesterday & ate some of my norms today , don’t know what I want for dinner however !! Oh yeah 1 other side effect is still bleeding a bit , which is normal & also burping alot, the nurse said that’s good gets the anesthesia out.

The automatic bp cuff hurt severly & the nurse would not listen I was getting mad & mom said it was cuz of my nerves , still did it with auto one. Ready to Kill.
      Then the nurse I had checking me in was very nice & understanding & familiar with GBS, she said she heard a heart murmur I asked she said nothing to worry about right now, but to have my primary give it a listen.
      I had to drink, be stable on feet & pee before I could go home. I made it & no relaps or anything bad. GOD was with ME !!

Istaroaz

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2010 at 8:27 pm

I’m glad things went well for you. My firend had ablation last year and she has much better quality of life–no more cramps and bleeding. Rest lots.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Glad things went well! Remember, we are all praying for you! Don’t worry about the heart murmur, most of us GBS/CIDPers do have heart murmurs, take a servey.
      love, smitty

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Glad things went well for you! Remember we are all praying for you! Don’t worry about the heart murmur, it’s an irregullarity, not life threatening, not treated with med. or anything. Most of us GBS/CIDPers do have a heart murmur. Take a survey.
      Love, smitty

• Anonymous
      December 13, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Or stars?
      Gotta tell you each time one goes under? YOU are sweating [if you can?] bullets before? Then, after too.
      I’ve had four surgeries in the last five years…. for two I was under for 4-6 hours for each! The most important thing [aside from feeling like you’ve been run over by a bulldozer?] is to drink fluids like crazy the 3-5 days after surgery to get that anathestic stuff out of you! AND start either bran cereals and stool softeners as the pain killers they give you WILL stop you up! Next is the goal of getting up and re-learning to move in a new way that doesn’t hurt.
      Congratulations for getting THRU IT! Some things you have to do to simply get them done!
      And, yes, be cautious about what you eat for a while? Treat yourself to ALL the soft stuffs and [maybe?] forbidden things you don’t normally eat. Me? I’d slurp up a pudding any day! Or even Jello, if the rite flavor!
      Build up slowly to solid-er foods? That ‘ERP’ factor will show up when you go to fast…you WILL know when!
      Follow directions and go slow with this please! Get better daily, and you will surprise yourself. Hugs and hope.