Update – need prayers

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2007 at 3:12 pm

Hi all
      Well FIL was doing great last week, standing for 10-15 seconds a time. coherent ect. We were all so happy. But now he seems to be getting fevers, we got it down with Tylenol and then he got hives from the Tylenol! so this mornign the nurse came and saw he had a fever and they wanted him to see his Dr. they think it might be a UTI due to him having a cathetar. So we have to take him to outpatient at the local hospital for them to help.

I am so upset about this, we really thought he was doign so well, maybe my expectations are too high. Now if he gets admitted into hospital he will be back to square one. Since coming back from the Dr. he was freakign out and not coherent and confused.

So please pray for him, he doesnt need to be admitted and he can come home and continue with his recovery. He got GBS June07. all his therapists are/were amazed at how good he is doing.

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2007 at 10:02 pm

He is in my prayers and so is your entire family and his friends. I had a UTI in the hospital and just about get one everytime I have to go into the hospital. They were more worried about me getting pneumonia and I did that too! Fevers are a great indication that his body is trying to fight infection which is really good! You might find that the stress and being afraid during this time might set him back. He body is already doing what it can to heal and then it gets extra things to deal with. That can drain his energy so let him rest! Hang in there and be possitive and patient! About a month ago I got another UTI and my fevers were 105, 104, and 106…..I went to the ER and they even took xrays looking for pneumonia again. It took awhile to get the infection to go away and I took Tylenol and Motrin to keep the fevers to a low grade until the drugs took over completely. Let us know how things are progressing and just ignore his frustration!!

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2007 at 11:19 pm

Just know it is not uncommon to get utis with gbs. Sometimes the bladder can’t empty all the way and one thing leads to another. Don’t let this get him down, mentally, this to shall pass. Rest, rest and more rest is really important. Give him Our best. He is in my prayers. The symptoms you mentioned are also common with utis.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 8:28 am

Thanks for the reassurance, he was admitted and they did another chest xray and blood work, the dr. was worried he might become “septic”? in the blood, so he advised us to take him to ER, so they gave him antibiotics and admitted him about 1.30am! thank god we still have fmaily here till next week so my BIL stayed with him last night.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 8:44 am

Hang in there Rakshanda, UTI’s are a common complication. You acted swiftly to get him help and now he is where he needs to be to get the infection under control. I will keep you in my prayers! Let us know how things are going!:)