up date for diane

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2010 at 9:00 pm

First of all i would like to thank you for having this forum.
      I have not written for awhile because my sister was progressing slowly but progressing. She developed c-diff infection and ended up having her colon removed. She almost died 2 days after the surgery. Now a week after she has finally waken up and all vitals are fine but her platelets are low, which the docs said could be from medication she was on for the surgery and she is very swollen. She is in critical condition. We do not know where she got the c-diff infection the Dr said it can come from one of the new antibiotics or a nursing home or hospital, from not washing their hands. Diane is still paralyzed and cannot help herself. She was just starting to talk, you have a hard time understanding her because she has no control on her tongue or her lips. She could raise her right arm and wiggle her fingers and toes and that’s it. This surgery was a terrible set back to her recovery.
      She was diagnosed with GBS ON March 10, 2010
      If you all could pray for her and keep her in your thoughts. It is so hard to understand why she must endure all of this.
      Thank you and bless you all

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2010 at 11:28 pm

I’m so sorry to read this. I will keep Diane and your family in my prayers.

Take care and stay strong.

• July 25, 2010 at 12:07 am

I will pray with all my heart for your sister. I will ask for some kind of miracle even if it’s a small one.
      God Bless you for being there for your Sister.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2010 at 9:52 am

My thoughts are with you and your sister, and her recovery. Take care, she needs you now more than ever.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I will keep Diane and all her caregivers in my prayers. I hope she has continuing progress. God Bless.
      Pat G

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2010 at 7:26 am

I pray that within one year that she will be back to 100%. Live in hope.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm

She is one tuff chick!!!!!!!!! She has pulled through, can you believe it?????????
      They took her off the vent today and she is doing very well. The surgeon is calling her a miracle. They took her off the critical list. Prayers really do work. I am still afraid to exhale…..
      I am not sure exactly how much she knows or how long she has been out of it,I had to come home after staying there for a week and a half, but I did not leave until she woke up which was 7 days from the day of surgery. But I knew I could count on all of you to pray for her. I can’t wait until she gets better and she can post here and tell her story. You people are so wonderful and I am so grateful that you are here for me and eventually for my sister.