U gotta Pet? I do. It’s a Sugarglider

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 3:04 pm

(Link deleted by administration)

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 4:41 pm

Soapy,

Never heard of them before. They look soooo cute, what made you decide on that for a pet?

We have 2 dogs and a cat. Nitro is huuuuge, but he wishes he could be a lap dog because he just wants to cuddle all the time – he is a cross between a lab and a great dane and is jet black. Bella is our other dog, she is a german shephard and cannot live without her tennis ball. Both dogs we got at the training facility where they train to become customs dogs. Both failed their tests, so they get given away to families. Nobody wanted Nitro cause he was so big and full of energy, and he waited for over 6 months before we came along and adopted him and Bella. We have had them since 1999. My 4 year old son Aiden, loves to play rescue rangers with them, he goes charging down the side of the house with them following in close persuit.
      Tweety is our black cat, loooong hair that comes out in clumps, and we got her in 1997 when she was a kitten, in California.
      We had 2 turtles, (and fish at one stage too) but thanfully they have been given away! One thing all moms realize, it doesnt matter how often we tell the kids that its their responsibility to feed and water the animals, we are always the ones who end up having to remind them everyday, or alternatively do it ourselves at times.

I love our animals, cant imagnine life around here without them.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 6:33 pm

Cute pet , Soapy. What kind of animal is it, though???

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 6:43 pm

Yo, Norb,
      how goes it? they are nocturnal creatures. They raise the young in a pouch like a kangaroo. Real quiet. She barks like a dog if she thinks its dinner time. not loud but I can hear her in the next room with the bath door shut. Poops look like ====== about that long. Jelous of the cell phone. will get mad and hide behind a towel if u get on the phone during her time.. exotic animal and is illegal n some states. here is a better description of them
      (Link deleted by administration)

She mostly jumps from place to place. She don’t like to get up high anymore. used to climb up on top of door and jump off to ya. I got a barstool in there and stuff for her to climb on. If u don’t smell right, they poop/pee, lick ya till u smell right…Don’t git excited norb. we met ur wife, she won’t go fer it..but only if they luv ya…

Ali, there is a breeder here in murfreesboro. My wife cleaned her teeth one day and she had one in the car. She tole me about em.. I looked at it a long time. Then a lady had a baby girl on the tennessee alabama line that was looking for a home for it. She drove up here and we met at Gibson Guitars. She was so small and scared.. Now she runs this house… They bring em to the flea markets around here. They sell em for around 200 bucks now dayz. I got her for 125. When I have had to go to the hospital for a few dayz, she goes on strike. Hard to get her to eat or drink. Hopefully that is past. I just don’t have the strength to fuss with a dog. It has worked out well, but they require a lot of luv and attention, if they are by themselves. I thought about getting a mate for her. But its a pain when they get older. She don’t know shes a glider, she thinks she is a small human..
      peace

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 7:00 pm

Dear Soapy:

We have a cat and an emergency back-up cat named Gizmo and Percy. Our two youngest children, Miles and Maire are very interested in science so they have a whole zoo of pets including Gerbils, hermit crabs, an ant farm, and Australian hairy stick bugs. We have a small pond in our backyard which is the home of salamanders, frogs, and crayfish, which the kids consider pets. That may not be a real good thing because the pond is a buffet dinner for local racoons.

Lee

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 10:50 pm

hi guys,
      i have three dogs, one is a labrador/coon hound mix about 12 years old and is wonderful. he had never been in the house but the day i came home from the hospital he came in and laid by my chair until the kids came home from school. now he follows me around the yard when i am riding the lawn mower just in case i get stranded so he can help me get back. he has never been trained for anything but just seems to know how to do it and believe it or not hsi name is miracle, my other two are house dogs, both are chiuaha (sp) mixes one is black and his name is stormy and one is white nad his name is snowball. stormy has been with me for 10 years. we have three cats right now, one named nosey, one named poop (yep that’s right) and one named turtle. I am a sucker for the kids bringing home strays. and like everyone else we have had a variety of pets thru the years.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:01 am

We have had a variety of pets (dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, fish, salamanders) throughout the years but now we are down to one older border collie/lab mix dog (almost 10 yr). She is bonded totally to me which is sometimes a problem when I can’t take care of her. We lost our other dog 2 years ago at almost 16 yr. Decided not to get more pets until the baby (1.5 yr) is older and we stop moving for the military.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:28 am

We are getting a new dog tonight. She is a 1 year old beagle. Never thought I’d have a beagle but I’m a softy and her owner had just got her from someone who couldn’t afford her anymore. She is headed for the shelter in the morning if we don’t take her. So I’m headed to the pet store for supplies. I’ll let you know how this turns out.

Lee,

I was talking to a friend last year on the phone when she yelled “O God no!!” and hung up. Of corse I jumped in my car to help out with whatever kid just walked in with needing medical care. When I got there her and the kids were out by their pond. My heart sank, all the thoughts about kids and water!! When I got closer I saw she was on the phone and the kids were counting out load. What had happen was they had just spent $500 on fish for the pond and while I was talking to her she spotted a blue herron lunching on her fish! ๐Ÿ˜€ By the time she got to the pond he had eaten every fish and was so full he couldn’t fly!

By then my blood pressure levled off and I smacked my girlfriend for frightening my so.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 12:50 pm

Bearded Dragon here, although it is technically my sons we all share in the responsibility and care. I never thought Id like any cold blooded pet, but this thing is cool.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 2:39 pm

[COLOR=red]We have two dogs Peytonand Faith and one cat, Misty[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 3:20 pm

[QUOTE=FiremanDave][COLOR=red]We have two dogs [B]Peytonand[/B] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

thats a funny name thar dave
      ————————————————-
      I don’t give a dam about a man that can’t spell a word but one way. Mark Twain

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 3:25 pm

[QUOTE=Kassandra Ulrich]
      Lee,

I was talking to a friend last year on the phone when she yelled “O God no!!” and hung up. Of corse I jumped in my car to help out with whatever kid just walked in with needing medical care. When I got there her and the kids were out by their pond. My heart sank, all the thoughts about kids and water!! When I got closer I saw she was on the phone and the kids were counting out load. What had happen was they had just spent $500 on fish for the pond and while I was talking to her she spotted a blue herron lunching on her fish! ๐Ÿ˜€ By the time she got to the pond he had eaten every fish and was so full he couldn’t fly!

By then my blood pressure levled off and I smacked my girlfriend for frightening my so.[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny!

JohnC,
      I had a neighbor once had one of those. Strange. I don’t remember it moving much, just watched me when i was over there.
      *checks his meds*

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 6:35 pm

Hi.
      Anybody who’s an animal person is in my book. I could never be a friend if I found out someone was cruel to animals. I grew up with pets! We had chickens, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, parakeets (eaten by cat ๐Ÿ™ and my sister had a horse. My own pets were the loves of my life, my dogs, CODY and Stanley (codystanley-me). Cody was big and strong, an unknown breed??? She was short haired, soft coated, black and white, BLUE EYES and a tail like a deer. Stanley was a yorki-poo, honey colored, silky coat and looked like a teddy bear. They are both gone.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 4:47 pm

Surely, everyone here remembers my TiGGer! He’s the one I spent $2,000 on last summer getting him healthy from Inflammatory Bowel Disease. He has put his weight back on – at 15 lbs. and I actually give him 1/2 of predisone pill every other day. He is such a lover boy and kisses me on my nose and then bites into my nose with his bottom teeth going inside a nostril. I can’t figure that one out… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 9:53 pm

we have our older dog named Peyton and our new puppy named Faith, she is a pomeranian

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 10:06 am

My kids are Jagooti and Harry–both dachshunds–and Mogzilla the cat (whom Harry thinks is just a funny-looking dog who plays peculiar games like jump-out-and-smack-the-dog).

Jagooti had back surgery a couple of months ago; the disks between her vertebrae were calcifying (a genetic problem) and crippling her. At her worse she could only drag her back end around, and she was in such pain we thought we were going to have to have her put down. The surgery worked well; she’s walking and running and generally acting like a new dog. However, she still has quite a wobble in her backside, so of course she and I tend to be compared, the main difference in how we walk being that I use a stick and she doesn’t.

One problem with doxies is that shaved hair sometimes doesn’t grow back. Jag now has a 7 x 3 inch rectangular bald spot on her back out of which stick a handful of individual hairs. So now we have to cover her back when she’s in the sun to avoid sunburn.

Such fun!

Deb

• Anonymous
      June 26, 2006 at 12:13 pm

we have a wonderful dog named Henry. henry came to us from a girl who worked with my sister-in-law at a harley davidson shop in town. he was an abandoned dog, his owner left him tied to a tree with nothing when he was evicted from his house. so this girl took care of him and we saw a picture of him one day while we were at the store and i made an executive decision and we got henry on feb 8th 05. he is now 10years old and still acts like a puppy, always playing ball. he is my physical therapist, i throw the ball and get exercise at the same time. we walk down the road often and he sleeps with me when i take naps. he is sooo affectionate and knows when i’m not feeling good, he will lay next to me with his head on my stomach looking at me with those big brown eyes of his. he still has a seperation problem but is getting better all the time. he has to look out the window or front door all the time, or he gets nervous. he even purrs somewhat like a cat when you scratch his back or chest. we also have a couple of fish, well actually my daughter does, but i’m the one who cleans the tank and looks after them. and one of these days i will have tadpoles and fish in my pond.:)

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 10:01 pm

[B]I have a cat named Sasha that was left here by my daughter, & it is spoiled rotten. She doesn’t like my wife though, but she has a strange way of showing she likes you. Climbing up on your leg & sticking you with her claws. [/B]

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2006 at 1:57 pm

we used to have 2 cats. Skeezix and Ellie [url]http://ericvance.com/kitties.html[/url] and we just aren’t over losing them to old age. Our son wants new kitties so bad – of course he has no idea how much work and responsibility there is with a pet – or sometimes he wants a dog. We’re just having a difficult time with the decision to adopt a pet again. Seems like a piece of my heart has gone away with each of them.

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 4:47 am

Did you hear the one about the cat that boxes.

It goes like this: My 10 yr old son pushed our ‘abandoned and now living with us’ kitten. It is a cat with attitude – it regulary bails up our Bouvier des Flanders 33 kilo dog and wins. Anyway it left it’s mark on my son’s face last night. It literally boxed him simultaneously with both paws – claws out! He is now wearing a lovely set of scratches on both cheeks. Twill be interesting explaining them away at his uncle’s funeral in 3 days. Has he learnt to be more respectful to the cat – well time will tell.