Twitch in finger 18 months into recovery.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2009 at 4:27 pm

Twitch in finger 18 months into recovery

Since I had an ENG/Nerve conduction study test 2 weeks ago I’ve developed a slight twitch on my right-hand ring finger. It twitches 4 or 5 times per day and sometimes it tries to curl under on it’s own. Not sure if it is because of test, or something else.

I got the ‘one-off’ form of GBS, is the above anything to worry about, or is is just continued nerves repairing?

I have been playing piano and typing a lot with my wrist resting on a pad whilst I type; could this be it?

Oh, my ENG/NCST went fine. Got told I’m making great recovery and will continue to do so.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2009 at 12:41 am

Hi Nigel! Sounds to me like the nerves are trying to kick in and start working. You doing the physical therapy on your hands is causing the muscles and nerves that you were not using to rebuild itself making those nerves work but the nerves that have not completely regenerated are being fired up causing that twitching. A good sign that life is trying to reform again in that hand. Way to go Nigel! Your playing that piano! So proud of you!
      Keep working and don’t give up! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2009 at 5:18 am

Thank you soo much Linda; just the tonic I needed to hear this morning.

Hugs back to you,

Nigel

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2009 at 1:39 am

Hi Nigel! I have a feeling in about another 3 months that you will be seeing yourself getting so much better at playing that piano! So many times I have wanted to call it quits and throw in the towel. But doing that would only be a war that got won by our disease! Now now! We can’t let this stuff defeat us and anything we do to improve our strength is one ticket back to freedom! 😀 😀

I have some work to do also in getting myself better and it looks like we both are going to be reporting our progress. And hopefully each day we will both see ourselves getting stronger and stronger. I don’t know about you but I want to see a good old ripe age of 90 and sure hope I see that day with progress and no suffering.

Keep us posted and when you start playing the piano again professionally again, I will be dying to hear that good news! So so proud of you! Keep fighting! Hugs
      Linda H