Trivia Quiz as a way of preserving history

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 5:48 pm

Dear Friends:

Since the old forum and therefore the old records are gone, here is a trivia quiz to preserve a bit of our history. Please note that the answers are based on my own faulty memories, so if I get something wrong, correcting me may be your civic duty. I’ll ask the questions and post my answers in a few days. Actually, it may work out that won’t even need to post the answers.

Feel free to ask your own questions if you want to preserve a part of the old forum.

1. Who was the first member of the old forum?

2. Who were the first 10 members of the old forum?

3. Who were the administrators of the old forum?

4. Who had the most posts on the old forum?

5. Which two individuals had the most posts per day on the old forum?

6. Which individual on the old forum tried to become a Senior Member with the absolute fewest number of words actually posted.

7. Which member of the old forum had over a thousand posts each under two different user names?

8. When the old forum went down, how many posts were required to be member of the top 25 posters list?

9. Who was on the top 25 poster list?

10. There were several role playing threads in which individuals played different characters in an adventure. What were those threads called?

11. Who started the infamous ‘Transport’ thread. What were the subjects of the first part, the middle, and the end of that thread?

12. Who was punished for breaking the ‘Conspiracy Tuesday Rule’. What was the punishment?

13. Who were the snake oil salesmen who came onto the forum and were then promptly smacked down. Who applied the beatdown?

14. What was Jethro’s avatar? How about Gene’s? Dawn~Lynn’s?

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 5:53 pm

15. When did the old forum start?

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 5:55 pm

Dear Aimee:

Great question! I’ll let others answer it.

Also, when the old forum went down, how many members did we have? How many posts did we have?

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 5:57 pm

[QUOTE=Lee Spurgeon]Dear Friends:

Since the old forum and therefore the old records are gone, here is a trivia quiz to preserve a bit of our history. Please note that the answers are based on my own faulty memories, so if I get something wrong, correcting me may be your civic duty. I’ll ask the questions and post my answers in a few days. Actually, it may work out that won’t even need to post the answers.

Feel free to ask your own questions if you want to preserve a part of the old forum.

1. Who was the first member of the old forum? don’t remember

2. Who were the first 10 members of the old forum? don’t remember

3. Who were the administrators of the old forum? Eileen Slaughter, Trish

4. Who had the most posts on the old forum? Dawn~Lynn

5. Which two individuals had the most posts per day on the old forum?Dawn~Lynn and Brandy? probably wrong

6. Which individual on the old forum tried to become a Senior Member with the absolute fewest number of words actually posted. Dion and Clyde

7. Which member of the old forum had over a thousand posts each under two different user names? don’t remember

8. When the old forum went down, how many posts were required to be member of the top 25 posters list? don’t know

9. Who was on the top 25 poster list? Dawn`Lynn,Gene,Marc,Brandy,Suezee,Marge, Debi I can’t remember anymore

10. There were several role playing threads in which individuals played different characters in an adventure. What were those threads called? No Idea

11. Who started the infamous ‘Transport’ thread. What were the subjects of the first part, the middle, and the end of that thread? No Idea

12. Who was punished for breaking the ‘Conspiracy Tuesday Rule’. What was the punishment? forgot

13. Who were the snake oil salesmen who came onto the forum and were then promptly smacked down. Who applied the beatdown?[/QUOTE] I think we had 2 of them, but can’t remember their names, one of them used initials and claimed his sis had GBS, the second was selling those glco-nutrients

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:04 pm

Dear Brandy:

I think you would know who had 1000 posts under two different user names if anyone did. On the fewest words to reach 100 posts, I completely forgot about Clyde the Yooper, you get extra credit for that one.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:13 pm

1. Who was the first member of the old forum? [I]Marc? Gene?[/I]

3. Who were the administrators of the old forum? [I]Trish and Eileen[/I]

4. Who had the most posts on the old forum? [I]Brandy? Gene? Marc? [/I]

6. Which individual on the old forum tried to become a Senior Member with the absolute fewest number of words actually posted. [I]Lee??[/I]

8. When the old forum went down, how many posts were required to be member of the top 25 posters list? [I]About 1,000[/I]

9. Who was on the top 25 poster list? [I][B]Me?[/B][/I]

10. There were several role playing threads in which individuals played different characters in an adventure. What were those threads called? [I]Oh golly – calenders, rescuing Princess Suzy[/I]

13. Who were the snake oil salesmen who came onto the forum and were then promptly smacked down. Who applied the beatdown? [I]Don’t remember the names but remember one of them happening – fruit oil stuff thingy[/I]

14. What was Jethro’s avatar? How about Gene’s? Dawn~Lynn’s? [I]How aboaut Teresa Anne’s – asleep at keyboard (I think!)[/I]

[I]As I recall, GBS and memory problems go hand in hand. [/I]

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:14 pm

[QUOTE=Lee Spurgeon]Dear Brandy:

I think you would know who had 1000 posts under two different user names if anyone did. On the fewest words to reach 100 posts, I completely forgot about Clyde the Yooper, you get extra credit for that one.

Lee[/QUOTE]

Guess that would be Brandy and her evil twin Brandy 2. I honestly thought there might be someone else. Forgive my senility.:D ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Remember I have “CRS” Illness- Can’t Remember Sh_t:p

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:17 pm

Dear Brandy:

Let’s just say it was true humility. That sounds so much better than the alternative. If you think about it, that was really a great accomplishment on your part, even though you were pretty cheesed about getting deleted.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:20 pm

Dear Teresa:

You were a top 25 poster. Thanks for your contribution.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:23 pm

Lee, I actually had over 6,000 posts as the Evil Twin and the Good Twin.

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:27 pm

Dear Brandy:

I know, 6000 is a bunch. If Dawn~Lynn was a mad posting fool, then you were the mad posting goof. (or something like that) You were no. 2 on the most posts list.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:27 pm

This is really bad, I started the thread about Princess Suzy but couldn’t even remember the name of it………………..where is my memory?

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 6:30 pm

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Number 10: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]Not sure of the names, but…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]~In one Thread, we were rescuing Suzi from Italy from her horrible boss who was watching her closely to see if she was posting on the Threads…:eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]~In another, we were running through cornfields, smoking pot & trying to find each other.:D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]~In yet another, Lee was hiding in a squirrel suit & Marc in a sheep suit.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]So many more; so little time![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2006 at 7:04 pm

Debs,

That was “The Quest” to bad that story is now gone, I used to go back and read it every now and then. We had so much fun rescuing Princess Susi.

The other stories were quite fun too.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 3:54 am

And let us not forget MYRT AND THE VANDELLAS, our doo-wop group.

Cheers,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 7:06 pm

Answer to question no. 1

The first post was a welcome by Eileen Slaughter. The first member according to the date of entry was Zeesuezee. It probably took more than a little guts to be the first person to post on a brand new web site.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 4:05 pm

[B]Easy one, admin was first as they set it up.[/B]

[B]
      Jethro
      Gene
      Dawn~Lynn
      Lee
      Heath
      Marge
      Kathy/Cathy
      Debi

Not sure of others, I know I am missing some obvious ones.
      [/B]

3. Who were the administrators of the old forum?

[B]Another easy one, admin was the admin ;)[/B]

4. Who had the most posts on the old forum?

[B]Dawn “Post Machine” Lynn :)[/B]

[B]Dawn~Lynn and Jethro?[/B]

6. Which individual on the old forum tried to become a Senior Member with the absolute fewest number of words actually posted.
      [B]
      Marge? She’s sneaky like that :)[/B]

7. Which member of the old forum had over a thousand posts each under two different user names?

[B]When all else fails answer Dawn~Lynn[/B]

8. When the old forum went down, how many posts were required to be member of the top 25 posters list?

[B]500 I think[/B]

9. Who was on the top 25 poster list?

[B]Me and 24 others[/B]

10. There were several role playing threads in which individuals played different characters in an adventure. What were those threads called?

[B]No idea[/B]

11. Who started the infamous ‘Transport’ thread. What were the subjects of the first part, the middle, and the end of that thread?

[B]Sounds like something you would start Lee but I don’t remember it.[/B]

12. Who was punished for breaking the ‘Conspiracy Tuesday Rule’. What was the punishment?

[B]Not sure who it was but they probably got 50 lashes[/B]

13. Who were the snake oil salesmen who came onto the forum and were then promptly smacked down. Who applied the beatdown?

[B]Somebody selling some glyconutrients here out referred to as glycocrap. We all smacked them down[/B]

14. What was Jethro’s avatar? How about Gene’s? Dawn~Lynn’s?[/quote]
      [B]No clue[/B]

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 4:39 pm

Jethro’s avatar was a juggler, I believe.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 6:12 pm

An incomplete \0\0answer to Question No. 2. There were a group of people who got on the forums in the first three days of the start of the forum. The incomplete list is:

Gene
      Marc Muirhead
      Zeesuezee
      Myrt
      Eric Vance
      Kassandra
      Teresa Anne
      SusiePorshe?
      Kat?
      MaureenBoz?

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 5:54 pm

Trivia answers to questions 3 and 4:

The old forum administrators were Eileen Slaughter, Trish, and Silent Dave W.

The top poster of the old forum was Dawn~Lynn.

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 7:30 pm

[COLOR=”Red”]davew 16-Apr-2001[/COLOR] (GBSFI admin/IT?)

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2006 at 8:46 am

davew the ones below joined 1 day later than davew
      Debi
      Pep
      Norm
      Jane
      MKZee
      maureenboz
      Linda W
      Weekspe
      Marion Evans

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2006 at 10:36 am

Hi,

Let’s see how really good you people are in this. The last forum set up wasn’t the original forum. There was one before that which I was a member of, that was the original. Who and how many were on the original forum, then came to this last one we had? Yes, some of the people listed, were the first to sign on this last forum format change, but certainly wern’t the first to sign up on the forum as a whole. This is the 3rd radical change in the forums format, which existed since the mid 90’s here.

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2006 at 11:24 am

Dear Marc:

The ‘original forum’ is news to me. I never knew that one existed. That’s one of the cool things about studying history, you are constantly suprised. Major props to Marc for bringing this up. I await your answer, but let’s see if anyone else knows the answer.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2006 at 3:17 pm

4. Who had the most posts on the old forum? No surprise here:
      Dawn~Lynn 10610

Hi Marc, and Lee:

I was on the site sometime after the onset of GBS in Nov 2000. There was a site then but I do not rembember much about it.

Jfitzen (GBS — Going Beyond Survival)

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2006 at 6:19 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][COLOR=”Indigo”][SIZE=”3″]Hi Friends::p

I think one of the first on the old forum was “Lou” – I’m sure some of you remember him – he ended up having a stroke and we never heard from him again. I do believe he played a small part in the “Suzy” story and also, one thing I remember about Lou (cuz I wrote a poem) after 7 years, he could wiggle his toes – which proves there is no time limit for things improving with regard to GBS.

Another thing I must remind you about Lou, when he stopped wearing his AFO’s, he buried them out in the garden and also, his commode went out in the garden and planted flowers in it. Does anybody else remember him saying this – he was a riot – he made us chuckle.

Did anybody ever hear from Lou or his wife?

Hugs, Myrt [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2006 at 7:42 pm

Hi Myrt,

I do remember Lou. You and I have talked about him these past years wondering about his health. I also remember the poem you wrote for him and his wiggling toes. He was an inspiration to alot of people. Lou and I e-mailed each other alot, then like you said his wife posted that he had a stroke. I tried to contact her through the old forums, but without success, the message was that he was not accepting any e-mail anymore.

I often think about Lou and what might have happened to him. He was a sweet guy.

We did have fun didn’t we in “The Quest” to find Princess Susi my little sister. I use to make Susi laugh with my long drawn out Queen of Sicily title.

As Archie and Edith Bunker use to say “[B]Those Were The Days”[/B]

Where’s that Dan Juan Murphy, Susi’s protector and Knight Sir Dan? I sent him an e-mail last week telling him to come back to the forums.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 9:58 am

Dawn~Lynn @ 9.65 per day
      rosebuddozen @ 4.87 per day

6. Which individual on the old forum tried to become a Senior Member with the absolute fewest number of words actually posted. No Clue

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 11:02 am

Dear John:

The two members who tried to get 100 posts with the fewest words possible were Dion and Clyde.

Where are you getting your information. You are 100% correct. Did you print some stuff off before the old site was hacked?

DaveW, inherited the post of the administrator in 2004, and changed the name of the administrator. He didn’t actually post anything until 2005 even when people asked him to post, earning the nickname “Silent Dave”. The actual first post was from Eileen Slaughter.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 1:24 pm

[SIZE=”3″][FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][COLOR=”DarkRed”]Hi Brandy:

Thanks so much for remembering Lou too – I didn’t realize you e-mailed back and forth for awhile ….. I remember that he was tall (6’4″) I believe.

I often wonder how Lou made out too – I tried to find out through Trish one time but she couldn’t find out anything and perhaps her hands were tied for saying anything if she did.

Like you say, Brandy, [B]”Those Were The Days![/B]

Till we chat again,

Hugs, Myrt[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2006 at 9:06 pm

[COLOR=red]Hey Myrt[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000]Missed ya, hope all is well.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 7:08 am

Brandy + Brandy 2

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 7:11 am

Lee

I did keep a data base of sorts.

Jfitzen

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 9:41 am

Dear John (jfitzen):

Good for you! At one time I was a history major, and people who kept good records were always considered to be somewhat of a saint. Your database will help preserve a lot of the old work from the hacked site.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 10:59 pm

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 11:34 pm

Dear John:

I don’t think most people realized how hard it was to be a top 25 poster. 1171 posts is a serious commitment to the GBS community.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 7:48 am

9. Who was on the top 25 poster list? A list of all who had a serious commitment to the GBS community.

25 smallblock 10-Nov-2002 1171
      24 Brandy 11-Jul-2001 1177
      23 DavidBod 16-May-2003 1187
      22 Gemini 21-Feb-2005 1223
      21 Jerimy 02-Dec-2003 1251
      20 Brookie 25-Oct-2002 1256
      19 Jerimy 02-Dec-2003 1348
      18 Dick S 25-Apr-2002 1399
      17 Marilyn Sampley 15-Jun-2001 1401
      16 Kassandra 06-Mar-2002 1416
      15 Lee Spurgeon 07-Aug-2002 1556
      14 Marion Evans 18-Apr-2001 1566
      13 Summer 09-Sep-2001 1943
      12 Teresa Anne 01-Aug-2001 2142
      11 Debi 18-Apr-2001 2209
      10 codystanley 07-Sep-2001 2429
      09 angelwings171 18-Nov-2003 2429
      08 Jethro 29-Dec-2001 2636
      07 Marc Muirhead 19-Apr-2001 3080
      06 zeesuezee 30-Apr-2001 3156
      05 marguerite 02-May-2002 3640
      04 rosebuddozen 30-Aug-2003 4486
      03 gene 06-May-2001 4515
      02 Brandy2 11-Jul-2001 6357 Brandy1 and Brandy = 7534
      and the grand winner
      01 Dawn~Lynn 06-Mar-2003 10610

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 11:04 am

Dawn~Lynn and I worked real hard to get to the top of that list.:D ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 12:47 pm

The last few months have really shown us the value of the friendships created by the website.

In the words of Tiny Tim, “God bless us, everyone.”

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 3:26 pm

Dear Marguerite:

I agree with your sentiment completely. You know we can have our little spats at times, but when things looked pretty grim, we really pulled together and everybody pitched in. I am really amazed how fast our community rebuilt.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 4:12 pm

I beat Shannon I am happy :p

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 5:20 pm

Dear Jerimy:

I think you may wish to rephrase that last post. I believe that last statement violates the physical violence sub-clause of Section 9, Pagagraph D, Item VII of the secret forum guidlines. As a suggestion, you should say something like “I defeated Shannon, my self-esteemed has improved.”, or “In a non-competetive manner, I am proud of my acheivements” or “I beat her like a red-headed step child”.

The rules are here for everyones benefit. For example, I take delight in ignoring the rules.

Cordially Yours,

Cadet Lee
      Junior Auxilliary PC Police Force

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 5:35 pm

I am thinking I could get in trouble with the red-headed stepchild crowd if I used that one Lee. So how about, Shannon works for a living so therefore I was easily able to post more then her :p

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 5:44 pm

[QUOTE=Lee Spurgeon]Dear Jerimy:

I think you may wish to rephrase that last post. I believe that last statement violates the physical violence sub-clause of Section 9, Pagagraph D, Item VII of the secret forum guidlines. As a suggestion, you should say something like “I defeated Shannon, my self-esteemed has improved.”, or “In a non-competetive manner, I am proud of my acheivements” or “I beat her like a red-headed step child”.

The rules are here for everyones benefit. For example, I take delight in ignoring the rules.

Cordially Yours,

Cadet Lee
      Junior Auxilliary PC Police Force[/QUOTE]

Lee,

Wait a minute weren’t you the Mayor last week? I think we should make Marc the “Chief of Police” who runs around in a squirrel suit.What say you Marc? :p :p :p :p

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 6:36 pm

donna,-mayor-police chief one in the same here in toledo!!!!:p

jerimy, did you get the first smack in or what?! i can’t believe shan would let you win!!!;)

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 6:46 pm

No worries, Shan never lets me get in the last volley, she is just home from work and therefore hasn’t seen this yet. I fully expect retribution at some point ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 7:56 pm

Help with the No Clue areas?

10. There were several role playing threads in which individuals played different characters in an adventure. What were those threads called? No Clue

11. Who started the infamous ‘Transport’ thread. What were the subjects of the first part, the middle, and the end of that thread? No Clue

12. Who was punished for breaking the ‘Conspiracy Tuesday Rule’. What was the punishment? NO clue

13. Who were the snake oil salesmen who came onto the forum and were then promptly smacked down. Who applied the beatdown? No Clue

14. What was Jethro’s avatar? How about Gene’s? Dawn~Lynn’s? No Clue

15. When did the old forum start?
      16-Apr-2001

• Anonymous
      May 18, 2006 at 10:05 pm

No. 10

The first thread was called The Quest. Others were the ‘Transport Thread’ which eventually turned into a Sam Spade mystery. “A Space Oddity” was a Star Trek spoof. “GBS Production presents the Wizard of Oz” was a thread about a low budget movie production of The Wizard of Oz which used a car wash for the tornado and turning a camera sideways and throwing dogs off a tower for flying monkeys. There was also a Pirate adventure but I forgot what the name was.

• Anonymous
      May 19, 2006 at 10:47 am

#14 jethros’ avatar was a figure juggling, dawn’s was a rose. there was also a thread about who we would throw off the island-similar to survivor series.

• Anonymous
      May 19, 2006 at 10:49 am

and you can’t forget the Tavern thread!!!

• Anonymous
      May 19, 2006 at 2:22 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]#14 jethros’ avatar was a figure juggling, dawn’s was a rose. there was also a thread about who we would throw off the island-similar to survivor series.[/QUOTE]

That was my favorite thread “Throwing People Off the Island” into shark infested waters. We reserved that for nasty people. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I think Ali was particularly fond of that thread too.

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 8:52 pm

Lee,

A trivia question and I think you might remember.

[B]How many users online back in March 21, 2004( oh crap, I think that was the date)[/B] It was the most users online in our forums.

Waiting for an answer.

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 8:57 pm

Dear Brandy:

I think John Fitzen may know the actual number, but I thought it was around 170 or 180.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Oh crap again, I lost the numbers. I think it was 148.

I have got to get off this prednisone, it’s making me like a crazed woman.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ :confused: ๐Ÿ˜ก

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 9:10 pm

I thought it was 148 also

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 10:31 pm

Dear Friends:

It was 148 for almost a year and then we broke that record last year, or I could be all wrong. I tried to keep track of that sort of stuff for the end of the year column. Jfitzen will know, I am pretty sure.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 10:54 pm

Lee,

We never broke the record. In a way I am glad about that. I also wish that we didn’t have to have so many members and new members, even though it is nice to talk to other people, I just wish that it wasn’t for an illness.