Tremors?

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 2:04 am

Hi Everyone,
      I am a GBS survivor who had GBS 5 years ago and recovered in 6 months. I have tremors in my hands which just refuse to go. The doctors say that it will go with time but i am running out of patient now. Everything is fine, just these shaky hands refuse to get healed. Can anyone relate to that? Does anyone faces the same thing?

• March 3, 2009 at 9:51 am

My 12 y/o has cidp, but does have the hand tremors. They seem to worsen when he is tired or uses his hand too much. Sorry I cannot be any better help.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 10:33 am

Jayant:

GBS makes your nerves very inefficient when it comes to energy. If you are tired, dehydrated, or don’t have enough electrolytes, the nerves begin to starve for energy.

Most people with GBS need 9 to 10 and 1/2 hours of sleep a night. You may need to plan rest days when you can or you may need to take naps in the afternoon.

You may want to consider energy management. Make a budget about what you do during a day and you need to balance that budget against rest. The hand tremors will let you know that you exceeded your energy budget.

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 1:01 pm

I had GBS over 30 years ago and still get hand tremors from time to time. I even get a weird tremor of my lower lip sometimes. Just another “residual” I guess, but it sure is annoying.

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Thanks people, yeah, it gets annoying some times. Its not that it happen only when i am tired/nervous. It sometimes happen during daily chores too. Like i hold a glass to drink water, by the time i get it to my mouth, my hands start shaking. I asked the docs about it, but they couldn’t give any satisfactory answers.

• Anonymous
      March 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Hi: There are other threads on tremors that might also help. It is not unusual for tremors to be a residual-I have them in both hands and under my eyes. My hands can get really bad, even if I am not fatigued. My neuro told me I would probably have them forever. I think they are worse now than ever. Sometimes I find I can’t even use the keyboard unless I concentrate. Jeff

Tremors?

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2006 at 10:17 pm

I have developed tremors now that have been getting worse.

Neuro said its from the nerve dammage. Anyone else have this happen?

I have head , hand , and arm tremors.

Ama

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2006 at 5:20 am

Hello, Yes I also have constant tremor problems that started out like bad nerves about 3 yrs. ago and is now severe.

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2006 at 6:37 am

Hello Ama!

If you read the thread “Anyone experience tremors?” from just a few days ago, you will find more answers to your question.

Ask more questions if you need to.

Good luck!