Tremors and Shakiness

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2009 at 9:27 am

Hi everyone. I’ve had relapsing/remitting CIDP since October 2007. My primary symptoms have been extreme muscle weakness in arms and legs and numbness/tingling/pain in my hands and feet, plus fatique. Lately, I’ve noticed that I am also feeling very shaky and having tremors as well. At first I attributed it to stress and anxiety (going through a painful separation with my spouse), but I am wondering if this is CIDP-related. The shakiness almost feels like the jitters one gets when they have too much caffeine. Anyone else have this?

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2009 at 11:13 am

deem,

Check your meds (Google serach). Some of the meds may cause tremors.
      Good luck.
      Pablo

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2009 at 6:51 pm

Hi Deem,
      I too have tremors and sometimes my limbs feel shaky. I always have a tremor in my jaw – but the rest (shaky sensation, other tremors) are usually associated with overdoing things – which doesn’t take much for me. I can’t blame medication. Caffeine aggravates them as well – which is a nuisance as sometimes if I am out (grocery shopping for example) – I need a cappuccino to give me a boost to get home again! So I tend to get a half strength one these days! Stress always make me feel worst as well.
      There are lots of different types of tremors – have you told your Neuro? I never had tremors before CIDP.
      Good luck,
      Kazza

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Hi Deem,
      My husband just had a bout of hand tremors after receiving his monthly two days of IVIG. This was a first for him.

Howvever, at the CIDP conference in Vancouver last May, tremors were discussed i.e. the people who have ongoing tremors not the sudden onset type that hubby experienced. The doctors did say that tremors are common with CIDP and some clients have been so distressed and incapcitated by the tremors that some neuro’s are doing deep brain stimulation to alleviate them. Here is one article about CIDP and in the third paragraph they mention tremors being common with CIDP. [url]http://autoimmunedisease.suite101.com/article.cfm/cidp[/url]
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2009 at 1:49 pm

[SIZE=”4″]Hey,
      I’ve had tremors since 2004 when I hit bottom. As I was coming back, as I’m told, one side,the muscle is coming back faster than the other & they’re having a tug of war. It is CIDP related.
      I got very frustrated last year. The tremors were out of control. I requested some help. Over the year, I was on 3 different meds at different doses. On Dec.26th, I fell & badly sprained my wrist. It was a direct result of the meds.,a xanex cousin. I said thats it. All I was getting was all the side effects & no benifits. I stopped all meds for my tremors. My tremors are bad again, but if I have a couple of beers, wine, or drinks,they slow down drasticly. A much better solution IMHO. A big plus,my blood pressure returned to normal. I was high 165/90. Now I’m back to my normal 100/70.:D [/SIZE]