Transcripts or tapes of GBSFI Symposium speakers?

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 2:46 pm

I wasn’t sure exactly where to get this information, but thought perhaps some of our members who went to the Symposium in Phoenix this year might know the answer.

Is it possible to get tapes or transcripts of the speakers speeches from the Symposium? If so, where and how?

Thanks, Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2006 at 11:54 pm

We were told to submit questions to the the panel of doctors on “ask the experts” meeting and I remember that at the end of this meeting an announcement was made that transcripts would be available. I don’t really know about tapes, but I know I did see video cameras. I’ve been presuming that when the next issue of “The Communicator” comes out this will carry information on what’s available. You can also call the foundation and ask them.

If you want to receive this issue of “The Communicator”, make sure you are registered with the foundation and not just our discussion board.

• Anonymous
      December 1, 2006 at 11:16 am

Unfortunately, we do not have transcripts, handouts or video on the workshops at the symposium. In the past we tried video but for several reasons it did not work out. As far as handouts, we do ask the speakers to leave a summary of their talk but they have not been able to spend the additional time needed to develop such a handout. They are extremely busy people and we are fortunate that they give as much time as they do.

As far as the “Ask the Experts” session, I did say at he conclusion of the presentation that as space permits we will put some of the questions with responses in the Communicator.

I hope I have reponded to your questions.

Barbara Katzman
      Associate Director
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      December 1, 2006 at 5:01 pm

Thanks for the response.

I wonder if it would be possible to audio tape the speakers at future symposiums? That should be much easier to do technically. Many of us can’t go, but would be very interested in hearing what the experts have to say.

Thanks for all the hard work that goes into producing the symposiums.

Regards, Suzanne