Train Derailment/benzene Spill All Around Evacuated

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2006 at 8:02 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew if there were a possibilty that there is a link between the benzene spill and CIDP.

There was a train derailment a few years back that released benzene into the air land and water supplies. we were told that there was nothing to worry about but yet the evacuated almost half the town. I breathed so much in I got a coughing attack and we thought tha I wold have to go to the hospital. but I fianally came around and we stay out of our house for four days. We went back in and had to throw away food and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. the railroad helped pay for this but I still wonder if there could be any link to this thank you!!!!

HAve a great Day all!!

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2006 at 8:47 pm

[SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=#658bb1]“..The major effect of benzene from chronic (long-term) exposure is to the blood. Benzene damages the bone marrow and can cause a decrease in red blood cells, leading to anemia. It can also cause excessive bleeding and depress the immune system, increasing the chance of infection.”…. – [B]From Wikipedia[/B][/COLOR]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2006 at 1:31 am

thank you~~~

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2006 at 2:39 am

When you research benzene you will find a great deal of confusion between BenzEne which is C6H6 and constructed as the benzene ring, a basis for muich of organic chemistry. And BenzIne a by product of oil distillation used as a solvent.
      The hydrocarbons of benzine proper are essentially of the marsh gas series, while benzene proper is the typical hydrocarbon of the aromatic series.
      Benzene is toxic after prolonged exposure and can cause leukaemia. Newspapers are likely to confuse the two as do many entries in Google. I used to use benzene when preparing book leather for gilding so am acutely aware of this. Benzene used to be used in watch cleaning, having also qualified as a watchmaker I wrote a paper on horological poisons including benzene. DocDavid