Toledo on ABC

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2008 at 11:55 am

Just thought I’d let everyone know my area will be on tv this sunday. Extreme Home Makeover is featuring a Toledo firefighter, his wife (a Minister and who is battling Connective Tissue Disease) and 11 kids(5 brothers adopted from Haiti and 3 adopted from inner city Toledo). They are part of the Salute to Heroes program. The end result is really Beautiful! Unfortunately the buildsite wasn’t handicapped accesible for me, I can’t get on the bus easily-thats the only way you could get back to the site, but I can say Arron is a really sweet man, He was one of the paramedics that answered one of my 911 calls when I lived in that area. They will probably show the firehouse that they redid also. It really looks Awesome now! The show is on ABC sunday night, you can also go to 13abc on the web to see all the photos and videos of the build.

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2008 at 6:47 pm

Hi Cheryl,
      I watch that show most of the time. Extreme MakeOver Home Edition came to my home town when I lived in New York. They helped a man who’s wife died from breast cancer and he was trying to raise three very small boys.

I went down to the home site, in the cold rain and stood by holding onto a saw horse for about six hours.

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Hi guys,
      I won’t miss it. That is one of my favorite shows. I would love for them to come and help me with my house so I can have room for all of my nieces, nephews, family and neighborhood kids to stay as often as they want. Last night I had my son in his bed, my nephew in my daughters old room, a neighbor boy on the couch and one of my brothers in the basement. Next weekend I have 17 9-10 year old little girls coming for an overnight party for my nieces birthday. I love helping others but financially it is very hard on me but how in the world do I tell them no.

Anyway, I’ll be watching