To Sandeep and the people of Mumbai

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 7:51 pm

Dear Sandeep Ekbote:

I was shocked to see that your fair city was attacked by terrorists today. My first thought when I heard the attacks were in Mumbai was that I hoped you and all of your loved ones are safe from harm and safe from the emotional trauma that the terrorist wanted to inflict upon the people of your city. Please let us know that you are safe.

As for the cowards who attacked the public transportation of Mumbai, I cannot think of a punishment that would be adequate. They have a complaint about something, and they attack people who have absolutely nothing to do with their complaint. I have no doubt that these deluded individuals now think they are going to heaven, although I have yet to see a book of God that tells individuals to go kill innocents every time you can’t get your way.

You and the citizens of Mumbai will be in our prayers. I pray that you and your family are safe.

Lee

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 8:02 pm

Sandeep, please accept our love and our prayers. Your wellbeing and that of your family and friends is paramout in the thoughts of your friends on the forums.

With love,
      Marguerite

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 8:09 pm

Sandeep,

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 10:35 pm

Sandeep,

I am sitting here so shocked and speechless at what I saw on the news today! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and those around you. As Lee and Marge said, please, please let us know as soon as possible if you and your loved ones are safe.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 11:16 pm

We all are safe. When the bomb blast taken place I was in office which is about 50 km away from Mumbai.

My 22 years old real Niece was somewhere on Western Rail Lines train and was coming home after office hours. We all were worried about her. Moreover, the phones – landline/mobiles were put off by the Admn for the time being. She phoned me after two hours and we got relief.

Many many thanks to all of you for remembering me in such difficult situation.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 12:28 am

Sandeep, You, your Family, and Friends are in my Thoughts and Prayers. Stay Safe! Take care. if there is anything you need please let us know.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 4:55 am

Sorry for the lengthy Post.. The following letter is being circulated among the mumbai-ites.

====
      Dear Terrorist,

Even if you are not reading this we don’t care. Time and again you tried to disturb us and disrupt our life – killing innocent civilians by planting bombs in trains, buses and cars. You have tried hard to bring death and destruction, cause panic and fear and create communal disharmony but everytime you were disgustingly unsuccessful. Do you know how we pass our life in Mumbai? How much it takes for us to earn that single rupee? If you wanted to give us a shock then we are sorry to say that you failed miserably in your ulterior motives. Better look elsewere, not here.

We are not Hindus and Muslims or Gujaratis and Marathis or Punjabis and Bengaliies. Nor do we distinguish ourselves as owners or workers, govt. employees or private employees. WE ARE MUMBAIKERS (Bombay-ites, if you like). We will not allow you to disrupt our life like this. On the last few occassions when you struck (including the 7 deadly blasts in a single day killing over 250 people and injuring 500+ in 1993), we went to work next day in full strength. This time we cleared everything within a few hours and were back to normal – the vendors placing their next order, businessmen finalizing the next deals and the office workers rushing to catch the next train. (Yes the same train you targetted)

Fathom this: Within 3 hours of the blasts, long queues of blood donating volunteers were seen outside various hospital, where most of the injured were admitted. By 12 midnight, the hospital had to issue a notification that blood banks were full and they didn’t require any more blood. The next day, attendance at schools and office was close to 100%, trains & buses were packed to the brim, the crowds were back.
      The city has simply dusted itself off and moved one – perhaps with greater vigour.

We are Mumbaikers and we live like brothers in times like this. So, do not dare to threaten us with your crackers. The spirit of Mumbai is very strong and can not be harmed.

Please forward this to others. U never know, by chance it may come to hands of a terrorist and he can then read this message which is specially meant for him!!!

With Love,
      From the people of Mumbai (Bombay)
      =========

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 8:05 am

Hi,

It’s so refreashing to see and hear of citizens standing up to terror. As it should be. Our constitution in the U.S., makes us all defenders of our boarders, and equal participants just as our military does. However, fear rules the day, our president has asked the citizens to sacrifice nothing in this war, and when some…. to form militia and bear arms shall not be infringed upon, are called vigilanties. Too many just want, and expect, the freedom and liberty, but few stand up and are willing to defend it. Hey! Not my job. Our constitution though, says it is.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 8:13 am

Our Prayers And Our Hope That Sandeep And His Family Are Safe Are Sent To Him. We Need To Hear From Sandeep And Will Look For A Reply From Him.

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 10:03 am

Dear Sandeep,

My prayers are with you and your family to keep you safe and for all of your country. I am so sorry that this has happened.

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2006 at 1:24 pm

Sandeep, I am so sorry to know that you and your family had to live through this.

Please know you are in my prayers and thoughts.

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2006 at 8:18 pm

Sandeep,

Thank goodness you and your family are safe. We’re all sorry to hear that you had to be near this latest attempt by Muslim terrorists to disrupt the lives of people throughout the world.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      August 26, 2006 at 11:10 pm

Thanks to all of you once again for your best wishes.

Through your best wishes, our stronge hopes of terror free world get emerged.

Really the world is so beautiful, but I do not know why such terrorists want to destroy such beautifulness instead of enjoying it.