this is andy

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 7:47 pm

i was diagnosed on 7/15/08 and by the 25th I was completly “out of it” i recieved a trach to breath, feeding tube to eat, and a cathader to pee….i was coma-toast for about 10 days. i remember how bad i wanted a pepsi when i woke.
      anyway i had it pretty bad. luckily i dont remember any of the tubes going in!(and i wish i could say the same thing for them coming out) OK. this board was/is a great tool, as it helped me very much with my questions and concerns.. so thank you all. the healing process is definitaly a SLOW one, but i didnt think i would be this much better even a month ago. i currently use aflo’s to walk better(ottherwise i walk like i have flippers on) i use a cane sometimes to help with balence, but i “forget” it a lot.
      i dont think about how bad i was a lot because it is getting so much better all the time. but it was bad. anyway I am Andy. i was recently blessed with a second daughter, Autumn, less than a month after i was released. she was a major inspiring force in my recovery. autumn is now 2 weeks old. i do one water threpy and 2 land therepy each week, and also OT. well i wasnt any good at typing before so you can imagine how long it took to type this thread. peace love and happiness; later on

• November 10, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Hi Andy’s my Bro!
      Wow! You got here fast!!! Glad to see you are doing so great. I can’t remember if it was your brother or sister replying, but I do remember a family member that cared. I notice you have a sense of humor, keep it (re your comment about the tubes coming out) About the typing do funds allow you to get that contraption as I call it since I am computer delayed, that allow you to talk and it types? Come back often you will find tons of people to help on all fronts, emotional or physical. What delightful news about your new addition. What a beautiful name. good luck, keep strong, keep the humor. As a matter of fact at the symposium we just returned from it was in unanimous agreement by the audience and docs that humor helps!!!
      Dawn kevies mom

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 8:19 pm

Andy,
      Great to know you are home and getting better. Congratulations on your new baby daughter with such a fitting name for the season.
      Keep us posted on how you are doing.
      Thanks for the update
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Hey Andy,
      So nice to hear from you first hand. Your family kept us updated and believe me they definitely care about you. Just take it slow for now and be patient because this is definitely a slow process. Come here often for support and information. Good luck and glad to see you made it here

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 9:30 pm

Hey Andy, so nice to hear from you! Congrats on the new daughter, lovely name. What a great support group you have in your family. Your sister kept us updated on your progress, what a special bond you must have with her. Your hard work and their support, pretty amazing! Take care, don’t overdo! Hard advice to follow (I know) but good advice just the same, haha. Keep up the good work and welcome.

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 9:23 am

Welcome to The Family Andy!!:) What an inspiration you have, love the name Autumn. I’m glad to hear you are recovering soo well. Keep your great attitude. Keep up the good work. Feel free to ask any questions you have or just vent when you need to. Enjoy your sweet little girl. You have such a nice and supportive family. Take care.

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 10:05 am

Welcome to the forum family. Feel free to ask questions that you might have. Sounds like you are doing great, just dont’ over due it, rest is important. Remember GBS stands for Getting Better Slowly! You do have a great incentive to get moving though. You and your daughter will be having races soon! 😉 Congrats on your addition, babies are such a joy.

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 10:40 am

Hi Andy

welcome to the forum and congratulations for your daughter, what a beautiful name! I’m glad you’re recovering quickly. Best wishes.

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 4:52 am

Hi Andy and welcome! It is wonderful to hear from you directly!! As our dear Gene use to remind us, GBS stands for getting better slowly. You never mentioned having pain; I hope that you don’t! I believe that the best medicine you have is Precious Baby Autumn 😀 Please keep coming back and letting us know how it goes and asking any questions you may have. Again, Welcome:)

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 5:02 am

Hi Andy! My husbands name is Andy too! So nice to meet you in here and glad you are in here typing. Hope you continue to improve and get well soon. It’s been a long road but you have made it this far. May you continue to get strength each day and back on your feet to full recovery! Hugs
      linda h

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Andy,

Welcome to the forum…..my wife was pregnant with our second child when I was dx’d and treated as well.

Great to hear that you’ve come so far…..keep up the hard work and remember to rest. Many will tell you that you should exercise often (but not too much), but rest even more.

You’ll find the people on the forum are always willing to help, support, encourage, answer any questions – no matter what time or day.

Hang in there, and be safe.