Thinking of Dawn & Kevin today

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 10:35 am

Kevin is supposed to be getting his port in today. I just wanted to send some good luck vibes out for them.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 10:42 am

Good idea Kelly. Dawn let us know how it went today, and also if they did give Kevin a seditive.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 11:55 am

Kelly

How very nice of you to post good wishes to Kevin an Dawn…add me to the
      group…Dawn, let us know how Kevin did and of course, how you did.

You both have my best wishes…

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 3:36 pm

I’m thinking of you and Kevie too.
      I hope it all goes well!
      E

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 6:45 pm

I carry you’ll in my prayers and thoughts. (Steve)

• November 2, 2007 at 6:57 pm

You guys are truly amazing! Other than my mom and my one friend, no family members on my husbands side even called. I will wait till tommorrow and see before I get too upset!

Things seem to have gone pretty well, Kevin was mad right after in the recovery room and told me he hates me. By the time we came home and he saw his swollen hands where they tried to access a vein for the iv (while sedated with gas thankfully) he realized we had to do this. He also said on the ride home that this is not worth it and he just would rather die. But my Kevie came through, once we were tucked into our own house watching a movie, he told me we will get through this mom and we will do what ever we have to. He is so strong, stronger than I ever could be.

Once again I thank you for all of your well wishes and kind words. I will never forget how kind you all have been to me. A special thank you to Kelly.

Sincerely,
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 8:07 pm

Dawn

Don’t think about anything Kevie said after the surgery…he was one scared
      and frightened little boy…he is just frustrated. He felt safer and unafraid
      when he was back at his home to rest.

Maybe your family members didn’t want to disturb anyone today and will call
      real soon…sometimes, people just don’t what to say.

I’m glad that everything went well…now Kevie will be less stressed out with
      the port, plus not having to deal with all those arm sticks.

Rest up, I know that today was very stressful to both of you…I’m happy he
      got the port.

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Dawn, I’ve been thinking and Praying for the 2 of You All Day. I’m glad to hear Kevie is home and doing ok. Please give your il alittle time, I know how you are feeling and I really do understand about that. Please give Kevie a Huge Hug from his Auntie C. You need to fix yourself a nice mug of Hot Cocoa with whipped cream, or a Nice Cup of tea, sit in a comfy chair with the lights down low and just destress. If I can help in anyway, just let me know. Hugs!!!

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 11:15 pm

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Wishing the Best for Kevie, I’ll add this I’m pulling the both of you for everything to turn out ok. 😉 [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 11:38 pm

Hello Dawn,
      Even though I’ve been literally sick about my mom recently going into a nursing home, I’ve thought of Kevie, so I’m sending him a hug. Dawn, if you feel okay about posting your address, I’ll get the other’s to send cards to Kevie and if that smiley hugs too hard, we’ll sock him in his smile!

[IMG]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7957/hugsgroupsmileyxu9.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2007 at 11:57 pm

Dawnm
      I am so glad that Kevie got his port & that all went well. My boys used to tell they they hated me at times for no reason at all while they were growing up! Then they would apologize afterwards… I just read Norb’s new post on the possible breakthrough of IVIG treatment & thought about Kevie & Emily & just how much easier their futures may be; there is always research going on & I believe that soon there will be some major breakthroughs into the autoimmune illnesses. I have already seen it in Crohn’s & MS, why not CIDP as well? The future for them just might be a lot brighter than you anticipate!
      Blessings, Pam

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2007 at 1:17 pm

Dawn
      I am glad to hear everything went well. What he said in recovery I have heard a few imes from my son but that is the problem with the meds they use to keep them under. They are so disoriented and scared that they lash out. Never take it to heart. I am glad to hear what he had to say when you were at home because I have found that a child that goes through such medical hardships always manages to find the silver lining eventually. I have been told that I have the most compassionate child people have ever seen. That has to do with what he has gone through and I will say this he is alot stronger than I will ever be. This disease is hard on anybody and no child should have to deal with it, but than again I don’t bellieve any child should have to learn about hospitals, doctors, surgery, etc. Unfortunately it is a ard reality but if we deal with things one day at a time trust me it does get a little easier it is never great but it does get easier I know I have been there.
      Take care and best wishes to you both.
      Jody