Things are headed in the right direction?

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 6:05 am

I went to the see Dr Parry yesterday, and good news; it looks like I’m getting reduced on the ivig to once every two weeks (from .3 twice every two weeks).. I’m still on the full dose pulse steroids for now (500 mg/wk)..
      We don’t know if things are in remission on their own, if its the pills, or the ivig, or a combination of the 3.. Over the next four months, our hope is to get off the ivig, then if all goes well get off the Methylprednisilone… I hope so…. Anyway, compared to last year at this time, it’s good to get on track a little…. Aside from a little numbness, and daily fatigue/weakness, I feel pretty much normal again, whatever that means…..
      Just thought I’d share my Christmas present a little early….. Let us hope I haven’t been too naughty, so it doesn’t get taken away again!…(my health)
      That is all the news for now, except it’s definately a white christmas up here.. We had a foot of snow Sunday, the freeway was closed and quite dangerous driving conditions to the University of Minnesota.. Many motorists in the ditch, due to black ice… This morning (it’s 5 a.m.), we are being treated to – 25 below Farenheit with -30–50 below windchill, and I gotta go and snowblow…. Someone tell me why I live at this part of the north pole? Ho Ho Ho…. Deano

• December 16, 2008 at 9:15 am

What great news. Dr. Parry was so very nice and patient at the symposium. (Of course I had to ask him every question I had) I am glad you see him!! Although the snow can be a pain in the butt, you have to admit, it must be a great feeling to be able to snow blow this year. Keep warm!! Best wishes for continued good news.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Hello Dean, Very nice that you have a healing progress going on now. Hope things continue that way for you. Here in Michigan its pretty cold also tonite I noticed my hands and feet cant take cold very well . Be nice, so santa doesnt take anything away!!!
      Take care
      Ron

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2008 at 5:10 am

Wow Deanop,

That is great news to hear. I am very happy that they have pretty much got you back to normalcy. It is soo good hear this type of news from the members. Now you just have to stay on top of if. Awesome!!!! tim