The "Book Store Cat"

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 11:24 pm

My wife and I were browsing in a book shop in Lodi, CA and of course I was carrying my camera with my new Nikon 28-70/2.8, so I took the opportunity to get a shot of their store cat!

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/473118419_ba433a6cf4_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 11:36 pm

Great shot! It looks like the cat is just daring someone to just touch one of the books

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 10:05 am

[QUOTE=Jim C]Great shot! It looks like the cat is just daring someone to just touch one of the books[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Jim!

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 12:10 pm

Ken, you didn’t give that kitty a treat did you?! Nice pic!:)

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 8:59 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]Ken, you didn’t give that kitty a treat did you?! Nice pic!:)[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Cheryl!

No treat…..and she/he/it was very camera shy. I had to follow her around until she turned toward me (at the end of the counter) and when she did I was READY!

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2007 at 12:26 am

ken, its a she-all calicos are female-some weird gene thingy. i use to work for vets for about 14 years and in an exotic animal pet store for many years before that.–i wish i could post my pic of a Big Kitty that we use to play with…..a bengal tiger cub.:D
      so what does your new toy do? anything in particular, other then lets your shooting talent shine through?!:)

wouldn’t you just love to know what she is thinking?! maybe…”come any closer with that thing and i’ll give ya a nice shot!”(as she lifts her paw to bat ya one)

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2007 at 11:14 am

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]ken, its a she-all calicos are female-some weird gene thingy. i use to work for vets for about 14 years and in an exotic animal pet store for many years before that.–i wish i could post my pic of a Big Kitty that we use to play with…..a bengal tiger cub.:D
      so what does your new toy do? anything in particular, other then lets your shooting talent shine through?!:)

wouldn’t you just love to know what she is thinking?! maybe…”come any closer with that thing and i’ll give ya a nice shot!”(as she lifts her paw to bat ya one)[/QUOTE]
      I forgot that calicos are female! Shame on me……our “Callie” was a female and I’d read up on them….

My new toy is a “pro” lens….and one of the best that Nikon makes….one nickname for it is “The Beast” because it is so large and heavy. But it’s optics are superb and it works well in low light.

Back to calicos…..here’s a shot of our Callie as we like to remember her….

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/86120723_556e1d6fd7_o.jpg[/IMG]