the good, the bad, the ugly

• April 3, 2007 at 10:41 pm

Hi all

The good– almost 9 months since onset and things are much better. I am under a ton of stress right now and my residuals are at a minimum. They would flare up big time under stressful situations but right now I am doing okay.
      The bad– My mother passed away last weekend and her funeral was this past weekend. The entire ordeal has been awful mentally and emotionally. our plans to move have been drastically moved to the top of the priority list on top of having to go thru the past week and a half. Hubby has been so incredibly supportive! My rock. I will miss my mom dearly but know she is not in any more pain, which has been a lifetime problem for her.
      The ugly– family issues have cropped up over the past week and a half that I honestly didnt think I would have to deal with. A death really brings out the claws and horns in some people. *sigh* The family has never been very close but this has certainly revealed a lot about their individual true characters. WOW! And the “good stuff” hasnt even begun yet. I sure hope my own kids never treat each other this way and I hope they can learn from what is going on…although I am trying to keep them abreast without revealing too much of the ugliness.

Anyhow, hugs to all and prayers too

FOM

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2007 at 12:16 am

Lori,
      So Sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. Although she is out of pain, it still breaks your heart. I am glad you have your husband and children for support. I think taking care of my mom and her passing is what brought on my GBS. PLease take care of yourself. UNfortunately you have too much stress in your life right now.
      My dad with his dry humor used to say, ” You can pick your friends, but you cannot pick your relatives.” But then he added, ” Your friend is the dollar in your pocket.” I think GBS helped me to understand what he meant.
      Be well. I shall put your mom in my prayers as well as you and your family.

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2007 at 12:26 pm

Hi Lori,

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of your mother.

Losing someone we love so deeply is very hard, in time your pain will heal.

I will keep your Mom in my prayers as well as you. Hugs to you also.

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2007 at 7:50 pm

Dear Fairly Odd

I was sory to read of your mother’s passing.

I have seen ‘family issues’ occur before and I appreciate that it is not pretty.

The good stuff hasn’t begun – yet.

God bless

• Anonymous
      April 4, 2007 at 8:51 pm

FOM,

You, your family and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2007 at 10:16 am

My prayer thoughts are with you and your family. Many hugs to you.

• Anonymous
      April 5, 2007 at 11:55 pm

Lori, You and Your Family are in My Thoughts and Prayers. Please take good care of yourself.

• April 6, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. Each one made me tear up.

It has been one heck of an emotional roller coaster. I’m perfectly fine one moment and something will trigger a crying spell. For some reason, I have been cutting off the tears and going back to keeping myself very busy. I am sure it will hit me sooner or later and I will have no choice but to let it all out. I will miss her terribly, and was looking forward to having her visit during winter to see the snow at our new home. The holidays will be hard, huh? *sigh*

Fortunately my residuals have kept to themselves thru the stress. I am very glad for that because i honestly was prepared to be laid up with them. I am keeping my thoughts positive by thinking this is due to more recovery and it will get even better from here.

We will be moving in July or so so that is also keeping my mind occupied as well as giving me something positive to look forward to. But, it is also very bittersweet because I know that once I leave there will be no reason for me to come back. I have grown up here and lived here for so long, but it is time for me to concentrate on my family and take care of myself properly as well. I guess you can say, my life truly begins now.

Prayers and hugs to everyone!!
      Lori