Thank you for your prayers

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2010 at 10:37 am

My husband had a knee scope done…a simple procedure.
      Within a week, I called 911 to get someone here for help.
      Long story short…he has a staff infection in the knee joint and has had three more surgeries to go in and clean out the infection. It has been a very touch and go situation with lots of pain and high fevers.

Today, day 13, I can say he’s had 36 good hours. No fever and reduced pain. They are working with him to move now so that he can regain his strength to come home. He’s been on a number of antibiotics.

He has 40 staples in his knee and a picc line for iv antibiotics that will be given at home for the next several weeks. We know that we have a long haul ahead but we’ll make it !

I cannot say thank you enough for all the prayers. I asked Sherry and Cheryl to post something for me b/c I knew we needed more help. You have all been here for me so many times and I appreciate you all.

I am doing as well as I can…I’m very tired but finding strength I never knew I had ! Once we get him home and settled, then we’ll deal with me. But, for now, I’m doing my best to do all that I can. Connor has been such a big boy and alot of help to me, also. I sure hate that he is going thru yet another health tragedy of someone close to him. He was very scared at first and I reassured him that this will be ok. Tough to imagine what must be going thru his 7 year old mind. I’m trying to keep his life as normal as possible by keeping him in his extra curricular activities…tho he did miss a few things.

I am actually going to my office for a few hours this morning …I’ve got alot of work to catch up !

I’ll post when I can…thank you again, and God Bless !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2010 at 8:44 pm

It is so good to hear that your husband is doing a little better and that you and Conner are holding up to continue to help him in these tough, tough times. You all will continue to be in our prayers, but with some joy that the worse is past.
      WithHope for a cure of these diseases

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Good luck with the situation. I know it is tough on everyone at the house. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Things are still pretty bad…he is home now but not well enough to be alone. I’ve been off work for 12 unpaid days now…doesnt matter..I just want him better.

I asked for prayers…and I know many of you prayed for our family..and I thank you for that . Seems like alot of termoil on this site that I wish I had more time to read…makes my problems seem uninteresting.

well wishes,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Just wish I were there to help as best I could!
      Knee stuff [I’ve been there – before CIDP?] And know it takes a while to regain strength etc. and lots of therapy. Sigh.
      But, as long as infection is gone? That’s a big stride in the right direction!.
      I suggest that Connor take an active part in helping his dad? Dunno know why, but I think that could become a special bonding opportunity. Guy things and all. Connor has had to become an almost adult in a kid package? Due to all of his experiences, I’d bet, that he’d be tougher on his dad to get moving etc – than you could ever imagine!
      Hugs via the internet ‘ether’ for the interim.

• February 8, 2010 at 11:50 pm

My special prayers will be continuing for you and your family. God bless you and keep healing.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2010 at 12:18 am

I have had CIDP for almost 8 years now, I was at my very worst in 2002-2005. But when I was just barely walking, my husband’s back went, I mean he couldn’t barely walk to the bathroom without using two of my canes. He had surgery in August of 2005 (which didn’t really work), & it was repeated in Jan of 2006. It was 9 months that he had to depend on me to take care of him, get the mail (had to use my power chair), do the grocery shopping (had to get my license back to do this, & use a shopping cart in the garage to get them in.) Then in 2007 it was the 10 days in the hospital when his appendix burst, again I had to be a caregiver.

If I can be a caregiver, then so can you. And you have a healthy 7 year old to help out as well! Let Connor be your legs, your energy, it will make him feel needed & helpful. I pray for a quick recovery for him…

• February 9, 2010 at 6:55 am

Stacey, I’m still praying for your husband’s recovery. Gary

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2010 at 11:35 pm

thank you all. He is back in the hospital b/c he was too weak and in too much pain to be home. They are contemplating more surgery …too clean it out and manipulate it while they are in there.
      I’m so tired and cant get into it all…but I will update when I can.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 12:12 am

I read it all on Facebook, can’t believe what your family is going through. It just doesn’t seem to end does it… but it will, maybe not as soon as we all would like it to, but it does. My husband & I felt the same when he was going through his 2 back surgeries, 9 months of hell for both of us. It is hard to see the one you love going through so much, especially the pain. Hang in there & take care of yourself the best you can. I am just so sorry for all of this excessive hardship for you both.

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 4:06 am

I’m so sorry Stacey – my heart goes out to you. Maybe they need to give him a loading dose of IVIg to clean out those rotten germs. 😮 I will be thinking of you and praying for the health of your family.

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2010 at 8:29 am

Stacey,

Praying that all goes well for your husband and doctors can get the infection under control.
      Praying for you and your family.

Shirley

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Thanks everyone.

He is finally home again and doing better this time. Still has a picc line until mid March. It’s going to be a long process..but, we are on the right path finally.

This has been absolutely unbelievable.

thank you all for your continued prayers ~

Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2010 at 4:54 pm

so pleased to hear this 🙂

• February 16, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Yea God! 😀 Stacey, so glad to hear prayers are being answered.

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2010 at 10:43 pm

This is major stuff to go thru? And for the short-long term? NOT FUN!
      Were it not for my own DH this past last year? I would have been toast!
      What you give, you get, even tho you don’t ask for it. It’s when it’s given freely that it’s best and most honest. You know what I mean!
      Super Hugs and HOPE for the duration! It’s long term but easy compared to alternatives? Best always!

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your husband Stacey.

I know of several people who had scope surgery and the same exact thing happens. I don’t think they clean those tools enough. I am chicken S*&^ to get my meniscus fixed for this same exact reason.

Hopin for the best for ya.