Test question

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Has anyone had the O A T test performed? Its the Organic Acids Test. Just wondering if its something I should be bringing up to my Drs. If you did have it done, was it covered by your insurance? A CCN brought it to my attention, just wondering if its been done to others. Thanks!:) Have A Great Weekend!!!:)

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 5:41 am

Cheryl, what is the OAT?? And what is it looking for? It “sounds” interesting! Thanks 🙂

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Hi Judi, from what I was told of it, it is a metabolic test that checks somewhere in the vicinty of 65 different things. It will show what is off kilter and what needs to be done to bring it back to normal. For example: if your b12 level is low, it will tell you so and give the amount of b12 that is needed to correct the problem. It sounds pretty interesting and could play an important role in making a dx earlier in the hard to dx cases-like mine:o . It is only about $250 to $300 to perform, then you have to have a certified clinical nutritionist to interpret the resultsunless the Dr is certified to do so.