SYMPOSIUM, Phoenix, AZ. (November)

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2006 at 6:39 pm

Hello,
      I am going to try to go to the symposium in November. This will be the first symposium I’ve been to and I’m going to go because I think I am strong enough to go alone. I’ve learned I can handle the scariest thing, the plane flight.
      I’d like to start planning now, rather then wait for the foundation to send out detailed information in late summer. Is it a good idea to start looking for bargains on flights? The flyer I received said the symposium would be held in an embassy suites, Phoenix has alot of embassy’s, does anyone know which embassy suite our symposium will be held?
      I talked to Estelle Benson and she said she would try to find other members leaving from Kennedy Airport that I could travel with. I’m not that brave and being alone will be scary. But, if I ran into problems, I’d just sit in my wheelchair and look pityful. I know New York people are friendly and helpful.

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 2:20 am

Hi Girl Friend, I plan on being there. My children live there. I can’t wait to give you a hug. Sorry I didn’t write back. 😮 I Just got out of the hospital again. Got new braces that go way up my thighs to my ankels, right over the other braces . I walked the first time in 7 months. It was only a few steps but, it felt great. Let me know about the hotel. Love Vikki BTW IVe missed all ya’ll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 6:31 am

Vikki> Congratulations on those first few steps they are the foundation for the next hike around the room. Great brag for the forum! I wish you more success with the additional braces and hope they give you more freedom!

I got so excited when I forgot my cane when I went to leave the house. I did turn around and come back in to retrieve it and carried it to the car…just in case! Last few trips I have just left it in the car ….just in case! If I am going into a resturant or a store where they have shopping carts I don’t take it in with me….feels good to leave an old pal in the car and declare some of my freedom back!

• Anonymous
      May 20, 2006 at 9:12 am

Hi,
      I’ve decided to wait for detailed mailing that the foundation will send us. If I made flight reservations now, I wouldn’t know LEAVE and DEPART times so that I’d arrive at embassy before first meeting and leave after last meeting. We already know foundation will have rooms blocked off, so that’s not a concern.

VIKKI, so good to see you here. I was worried about you.