Surgery for Kevie

• August 10, 2007 at 9:07 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 8:14 am

Hopefully Doctor Dave can give you a medical opinion. Two years ago when I broke my leg they used a similiar procedure. They gave me a spinal and a “happy” shot. I was aware of everything going on but I couldn’t feel a thing. I was totaly “relaxed” and a peace with the world. I’m not sure it did anything to the immune system.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 8:51 am

Each time I have had surgery with general anesthesia I have gotten worse within a few weeks after the surgery. Perhaps it was the surgery and not the anesthesia because other than a root canal I’ve never had surgery without being knocked out so I don’t know but I would maybe be a little cautious.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 12:19 pm

Dawn, Ohh that poor boy!!! He is such an Angel to be dealing with all this stuff at such a young age. I would go with what the dr suggested, He sounds pretty up on things. Total knock out would be a bit much, twilight is good. Make sure he is well hydrated days before surgery, and after. Glad to hear Kevie had a great time on vacation!! Hope you got to relax some also.:) Hugs!!!

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 3:03 pm

Dawn,

Ben is planning a minor surgery in a few months to finally have his morphine pump removed after three years. He’ll probably just have the twilight sleep because we don’t want to risk any complications of anesthesia. Which reminds me; I promised his doctor I’d find statistics on Lidocaine and a relapse of GBS for a nerve injection Ben has to have. I’m not having any luck finding anything!

Anyway, I can definitely understand your fear! Let us know if we can be there for you all in any way!

Shannon

• August 11, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Well,

Kevie is catching a break!!!! Today when we went to see doctor Harris, He was pleased with the way Kevies toes looked. We are going to continue to try and non invasivly train the nails. He cuts the side out and scoops and shape the nail as it grows with a special instrument. We were so excited and surpised, we were fully expecting to discuss final plans for the surgery. We better pray extra hard to God tonight and thank him! Thanks for the kind words!

Dawn Kevies mom 😮