Super Bowl Predictions

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 7:40 am

I know we have a Football Thread with predictions already there. But I thought the I-65 Super Bowl deserved its own thread.

Make your bold predictions. Include the score and any other bold predictions you want to make such as Manning will pass for 300 yards OR (to be fair to the Bears’ fans) Manning will throw 4 interceptions.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 7:43 am

I’ll start it:

Colts 38
      Bears 24

Colts will struggle early stopping the run, but will stop Da’ Bears and Grossman’s pathetic passing game.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Dear PE Teacher:

This is just too easy. Here are my predictions:

The commercials will be more interesting than the commentator’s unending blather.

The singer of the Star Spangled Banner will try for the record for most syllables in the word “……..Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!”

The halftime show will be sillier and more bombastic than ever before. The athletes will be choking on the arcid smoke from the half-time pyrotechnics well into the late third quarter.

All beer and liquor companies will add something to their commercials endorsing responsible drinking.

Someone, somewhere, somehow will take offense to something and demand free advertising time for next years Superbowl.

Oh….and there will probably be a game played.

Lee

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Goodness, that last post was a thread killer. Sorry about that. Anyway, I think Indianopolis wins 24 to 21. Rex Grossman at quarterback is like having a jack-hammer operator as your dentist.

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2007 at 7:20 pm

[COLOR=red]Bears 35 Colts 31[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 1:19 pm

Great Commericals….

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 3:33 pm

Colts 24-17

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 4:49 pm

Lee,

I thought your 1st one was hilarious. Amazingly enough, all your predictions will be correct! Well, maybe not the score or winner.

No need to apologize to me- if that’s what you apologized for.

I’m just in the midst of INDY/Chicago land. Can’t wait for next week!

Dennis

And I hope Mauricette is correct.

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 9:58 pm

I am from Indiana, currently living in Ohio for school. I say the Colts will win. Don’t have a guess at the score. I don’t usually watch football. But I have to root for the Colts!

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      January 28, 2007 at 10:34 pm

[SIZE=4][COLOR=royalblue]COLTS 31-28:) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 7:19 pm

Go Chicago

Bears 35
      Colts 31

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 10:47 pm

[SIZE=”6″]Colts will win the Super Bowl, don’t have a guess on the score.[/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Colts 35
      Bears 21

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2007 at 10:41 am

Other Prediction:

The Artist formerly known as the Artist formerly known as Prince but is once again known as just Prince without all the formerly nonsense, but who knows for how long (Isn’t there already enough uncertaintly in our lives?) will have a ‘wardrobe malfunction’ causing stampedes in the Pepto-Bismol aisles of 7-11s throughout America.

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2007 at 11:55 am

:d 🙂 Lol!!!!

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2007 at 1:37 pm

Lee,
      [QUOTE]The singer of the Star Spangled Banner will try for the record for most syllables in the word “……..Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!”[/QUOTE] You forgot the word”……..Brrrraaarrraaavvvvvveeeeeeeee!!”

[SIZE=”3″][B][COLOR=”Blue”]COLTS 34-17[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

Jethro

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2007 at 5:02 pm

Shannon is strangely absent from this thread, could it be she doesn’t want to have to choose between Da Bears and Peyton?? 🙂

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 10:25 am

I’ll go out on a limb seeing as tho most ppl that posted seem to think the Colts will win ( I don’t really care who wins don’t pull for either team) Peyton will choke and Da Bears will blow them out

Bears-31
      Colts-3

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 10:38 am

Dear Jethro:

I do in fact realize that the last word of the Star Spangled Banner is “BrrrrrrraaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaave!” , however, the one word that the singers of our national anthem mangle, ………errrr…… take the greatest artistic liscence with is “FreeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!!”. Just watch and you’ll see.

Lee

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2007 at 2:05 pm

oh come on jer, you know shan will go for the cutest qb-peyton!:D

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 12:34 am

hmmmm star spangled banner…… isnt the last line gentlemen start ur engines?????? :rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 9:34 am

Actually I believe the last line is “play ball’

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 10:19 am

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]oh come on jer, you know shan will go for the cutest qb-peyton!:D[/QUOTE]

Cher, you know me too well! GO PEYTON and COLTS!!!!! I’m very loyal to my Peyton! Even have a picture of him on my desktop at work, amongst all the Bears fans in my office.

COLTS 42
      Bears 22

(My squares both end in “2,” so the the game has to end in “2’s” for me to win! PE Teacher, I don’t know the first thing about football, so I won’t be able to predict what will happen in the game. There will be cute rear views, and Peyton will look very sexy tonight and probably have his eyes closed for part of the game. The announcers will say he can’t look, but he’ll really just be thinking of how he’s going to celebrate after his big win.)

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 12:43 pm

As far as the singing predictions, I had no idea the word ‘brave’ was in the song. I’ve never heard it, since everybody starts screaming and clapping after “the home of the (applause).”

Dennis

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 10:21 pm

The Pianoman knows how to sing!!!! Way to go Colts!!!!!!!:)

Jer, close call man!

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 3:49 pm

For those wanting results of our predictions. These are the way I see the predictions on who was right and wrong. Of course, I’m only a true expert being totally wrong. So, feel free to disagree!! Starting from the start.

Prediction of song: We were all, in my humble opinion, surprisingly wrong. Billy Joel simply sang the song. Rare treat in today’s singing standards.

Commercials: In the opinions of my friends and family- highly disappointing overall. Although nice sentamental touches in the Coke commercials. Humor wise? Not too many funny ones.

1/2 time show: Thank the good Lord there was no problem with the wardrobe this year. Although the natural rain was a good setting for Purple Rain. And what the heck does purple rain exactly mean? I’ve wondered that for years, but I don’t want to get into the same thinking of Prince.

Game: Jerimy and Jethro were amazingly close. Jerimy 24-17 Jethro 34-17
      Well done. You two need your own sports show since most experts are normally way off.

I’m off to see my Colt Blue (but extremely cold) Sky now and can’t wait for next year’s repeat!

Dennis

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Way to go Colts!

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 10:22 pm

Wait till next year. The Saint almost got it right this year. :rolleyes: