Stormys On Vacation In Florida

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2009 at 9:11 am

Hi Everyone,
      Stormy’s visiting me in Florida! This photo was taken at Al Capones Dinner Theater. We were celebrating my birthday and her upcoming birthday! I’ll let Stormy (Sherry) tell you about “THE MUMMY”.

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/maybowe/SherrystormyandLizCodystanley.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2009 at 9:33 am

Oh you both look like your having alot of fun! Wished I could be there enjoying the dinner! LOL! Dick S found out I had his card and took it back so I would not spend his money so that kept me from joining in on the fun! Drats! LOL! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Ok folks..here we go..hold onto your hats. (lol). Liz and I decided we were going to do the typical touristy type things, sooooo, off to Universal Studios we went. Of course being a typical florida day it poured down rain but that wasn’t going to stop this fearless couple. We did a couple of attractions and came upon one called “Revenge of the Mummy”. There was a “Hawker” that had an elderly couple with her and she told us that Liz would be able to stay in her wheelchair and would be on a platform to enjoy the attraction. So you guessed it, off we went to wait in line. After finally arriving at the ride platform we both looked at each other with definite fear in our eyes and realized this looks an awful lot like a roller coaster. Of course Liz had mentioned several times that maybe we should turn back but being the gullible unsuspecting person that I am I convinced her to keep going. Well as soon as we saw the ride we asked the conductor if she could stay in her wheelchair or would she have to transfer, naturally he said she had to transfer. Now being the unsuspecting people that we were and neither of us wanting to cause a problem we went ahead and let them convince us to go on the ride. WOW, what a huge mistake. As soon as it took off I think Liz started screaming and never stopped, I heard several eeeeekkks..and one “Oh My God” and yep it was Liz. In between squeezing my eyes shut as tight as I could I would peek over at Liz and there was a look of pure terror. I was trying to hold her hand but she had gripped the bar in front of her so tightly that I couldn’t get ahold. I was trying to hold on so I would know when she flew up and out of the seat. Eventually I heard someone say “it’s over” and yep we believed them, but oh no….of course they were wrong. And there we went again, screams echoing in my ears. When the ride came to a stop I looked at Liz and she was shaking all over and mumbling something incoherently and she was saying “I think I’m gonna throw up”. We had to sit there for a few minutes because our legs were like wet noodles. After several minutes we were able to get out of the car and we raced to the exit. As we were exiting the ride we noticed the elderly couple that the “hawker” had convinced to also ride. She was standing there with them and they were calling the medics to come and check him out. He was 80 years old and looked worse than we did. Later we were able to laugh about it and we did see the elderly couple thruout the day so we know they also survived “THE REVENGE OF THE MUMMY”. As we went on the little childrens ride “ET” the ride conductor there told us we had ridden the most wild ride in the park and he couldn’t believe we did it..and guess what…NEITHER CAN WE !!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Since I have met both of you in person, I can get the true visual.
      YIKES !!!!

What a great story and awesome memory you have made. I’m so glad you are there with Liz, Sherry. Sounds like you’re having a blast.

We’ll be in Florida in Sept…I’ll be renting a scooter for Disney…we arent going to universal …at least it’s not on the itinerary yet.

I’m so happy for you guys…you made it thru that ride !!!!!

Bet you’re having a blast together ! How fun to get away !

blessings !
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      May 21, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Hi Stacey,
      WE are having a wonderful time. I have been here almost two weeks now and I will leave on memorial day. This has been a great time to enjoy friendship and fun. You will love Disney World, I took my kids there several years ago. I don’t think Universal Studios would be quite as much fun for Conner since he is younger and it is geared more towards movies and some cartoons. Definitely us a power chair if you can, Liz wasn’t able to but it wasn’t difficult to push her around since there were no hills or anything like that. You should be going during the time of year when the weather is nice so hopefully you won’t have a bunch of rain. Disney is only about twenty-five minutes from where Liz lives. We have driven to Orlando two times already and possibly again tomorrow night. It is such an easy drive.

But for now we are off to dream land so we can have another great adventure tomorrow. Update us on how Conner is and we will keep everyone posted on our fun.

Oh yea, forgot to tell everyone we were out shopping in a tremendous thunderstorm yesterday, of course our attitude was we won’t melt if we get wet so we just kept plugging along. Sometimes the storm was reallllly bad. Then we went home last night and watched the news and found out there had been a tornadoe in Kissimmee and we didn’t even know it….lol. Wouldn’t you know we would be out in a tornadoe shopping and acting like we didn’t have a care in a world. I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I am beginning to think Liz and I could be dangerous..lol.

Take care

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 7:21 am

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ I read this posting and because I had a simular experience many years ago and was much younger than I am now. I could just vision this and you both have me gigglng in tears! ROFL! Wished I could off had a video camera of this one. Enjoy your vacation and have fun! Can’t wait to read what you two dare devils do next! ROFL! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 9:54 am

Hey girls! WHERE in Florida are you? I live in Brevard County!

Michelle

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Hi Michelle,
      Elizabeth lives in Kissimmee.

Well here’s an update: Last night we went to Sleuth’s Mystery Dinner Theater and had a great time. We didn’t trust our instincts so we picked the wrong killer but we had a blast. Only a few wrong turns and we were home safe again.

This morning we have been to the flea market doing some shopping. On the way out to the car I was pushing Liz down the little ramp to the parking lot and we hit a bump and Liz went flying…EEEEEEEKKKKSS and Shrieks were heard all over the place. I grabbed her shirt from the back and about strangled her trying to keep her in the chair. Somehow my purse ended up soaking wet along with my shorts (and I swear I didn’t pee myself). Liz was making a slow decline to the pavement. Thank goodness we stopped her before she hit bottom.

We are off on another adventure, back to orlando for a little sight seeing and possibly dinner at the East Lake Fish Camp.

We’ll update soon. However, if you don’t hear from us in a couple of days, send out the troops.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Sherry and Liz! You both have gotten me both laughing in tears! I wished I could be with you both. Sounds like you both are having a whole lot of fun! Enjoy! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Only you two !! I too know you both and have been sitting here cracking up.

Stacey, we need to go help our girlfriends. Flying or driving? If the two of them has caused this much trouble, just think what we could add.

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2009 at 10:21 pm

ok folks..here’s how our afternoon went. After much contemplation we decided it wasn’t raining hard enough to keep us from going out to eat at the East Lake Fish Camp, I had called to make sure there was wheelchair access and also asked if they served seafood. The lady assured me yes on both. I was extremely excited because approximately 20 years ago three of my brothers and one sister in law lived in a pop up camper at East Lake Fish Camp so I would finally get to see and experience a little of what they experienced at that time. We were also excited because we were finally going to have a great seafood dinner. So off we go traveling. After turning onto four different “Boggy Creek Roads” we finally turn down Fish Camp rd…a long palm tree lined road that led down to the restaraunt. As well pulled up we looked at each other, It was this small little building that kind of resembled a bar on the outside and we were only seeing men. After finally seeing two women we decided to go in. We got in the restaraunt and it actually looked nice and homey, a huge stone fire place and just a nice atmosphere. So we felt more at ease. We set down and the waitress gave us our menu’s, I looked at Liz and she looked at me and I said where’s the seafood or for that matter where’s the fish, I mean it is East lake fish camp, Liz had already ordered her glass of wine and me my pepsi in anticipation of a nice dinner. The menu consisted of breakfast items, a variety of sandwhiches and oh yea, breaded catfish and Gator tail..that was the extent of the seafood menu. We both decided to just order breakfast. As we’re sitting there eating we both start laughing, I mean really, have you ever seen anyone have a glass of White Zinfandel while eating bacon and eggs, yep you guessed it, Liz did..lol. We decided to go out and take pictures so I could show them to my brothers when I got back home. We took one of the little roads thru the campers and tents and we wound all around and around and around and around and around and yep you guessed it, we were lost. We kept trying to get back to that darn restaraunt and no matter where we turned we just saw more tents and campers..lol. Finally after much thought I pulled over and ask two men how to get back to the restaraunt..he pointed to the fence and said” just keep followin the fence, if you get to the water, follow the fence”..so that’s what we did and finally found the darn restaraunt, at that point we decided we better forget about pictures and just head back to kissimmee, after all it was looking like we were about to have another tornadoe..I guess it is probably a blessing that I have to take the rental car back in the morning. But watch out because we still have a golf cart to drive until I leave monday morning…woo hoo..Liz you better wear your seat belt your in for a wild ride.:D

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2009 at 1:40 am

Hey family! Lets all take a bus ride tonight an be there in the morning to watch the scene! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ I am still cracking up. We all should make some plans for next summer a short vacation somewhere and stay in a hotel together and have ourselves a blast!

• Anonymous
      May 23, 2009 at 9:33 am

Hi Family,
      I’ve been letting Sherry do the posting because anything with the hands is very tedious for me, so I’ll keep this short and try to backtrack. Being part of a Fish Camp, we were anticipating a “REAL” seafood place, so I ordered a glass of wine knowing that it goes with a seafood dinner, but what an odd combination sipping wine with BREAKFAST. Now, as for our experience at the FLEA MARKET, boy did Sherry have a strangle hold on my shirt trying to keep me in the wheelchair when the small front wheels hit the bump. REMEMBER, if you see a bump, pull the wheelchair down back words. Did I forget to tell you that Sherry. What a scary ride that “MUMMY” was. I told Sherry I don’t want to go on any roller coaster, but what did we do, we got on it. I had a DEATH GRIP on the bar. I KNEW Sherry was terrified too, but I couldn’t loosen my grip to hold her hand. She kept screaming at me “put your head back” but with my head back I might see and feel too much.

Sherry’s taken our SUV rental back and we only have the golf cart, so the only exciting thing will be if we flip over.

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2009 at 6:44 am

Hope the weather is nice today and you both have a very fun time! I’m still laughing! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Everyone please read my post under Prayer request.

Thanks

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2009 at 6:06 pm

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/maybowe/turtle.jpg[/IMG]

I thought I’d post some pictures that were taken at the retirement community where I live. My hands do not work well, so Sherry took all of them.

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2009 at 6:26 pm

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/maybowe/heron.jpg[/IMG]

I wish I knew more about birds, but I think this is the great blue heron.

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2009 at 6:47 pm

[IMG]http://yfrog.com/13babyheronsj[/IMG]

these are baby herons with mom and dad. At least we got one baby to lift it’s head.

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2009 at 6:51 pm

I’m Trying To Post More, But Boy Am I Having A Problem Trying To Copy And Paste. The Previous “copy” Keeps Coming Up.

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2009 at 6:19 am

Are you doing the the 3rd section of the HTML tagging. It will list several ways to post. Like for Web Sites, Ebay and then I think it’s called forums. But it’s the 3rd one down. Also make sure you put the
      [IMG]http:// on both ends
      Hope this helps!

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2009 at 1:12 pm

I Don’t Know What Happened, They Were There Yesterday. Ever Since I Did “windows Updates” About Three/four Months Ago, I’ve Lost Things And Others Just Don’t Work Right. And I Know/knew How To Post Images/photo’s.

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Hello everyone,
      I made it back to ohio and wouldn’t you know it that darn little rain cloud followed me all the way home. Oh well, just a reason to catch up on some rest.

My last little adventure: I was dropped off at the airport an hour and a half early, so I got my boarding pass and checked in my luggage. With lots of time left I decided to browse the little shops, thinking that my gate was just on the other side of check in..so I thought to myself plenty of time. So I looked to looked and relaxed and then decided I might as well go thru security, I got in line and it took forever, (almost a half an hour in line for security), frantically looking at my watch I realized I would be cutting it close. I got thru security and walked towards my gate number and realized oh no I have to take a shuttle. Now I knew I was gonna be late, got on the shuttle and went to where ever, and practically ran to my gate, when I got there they were already boarding. got on the plane only to find out someone else was in my seat so I had to sit where ever there was an empty space. sat down and buckled up and away we went. Get this, we landed 25 minutes early..lol.

Home safe and sound. Thank you Liz for such a wonderful vacation, I will never forget all of our fun times.

• Anonymous
      May 27, 2009 at 12:55 pm

[IMG]http://yfrog.com/10blueheronj[/IMG]

If this posts it’s a picture of a blue heron stormy took on the grounds where I live.