Still wondering about cidp and pregnancy???

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 1:22 pm

Hello to all. Sorry I havn’t been on in awhile been working 13 hrs a day and trying to keep up with Monica and the kids. Finally heard back from the MDA clinic yesterday(after 2weeks) Guess they say its okay for Monica to continue the IvIg’s(none set up yet tho) and for her to get and ultra sound on the 19th then go to her OB on May 1st. She stopped taking all meds on the 27th of March (prednisone,elavil,vicodine and neurotin) but noone said anything about if it could harm the fetus from what she already has taken up til then?? Monica says shes tired and that her legs are sore but she is dealing with it all quite well. I pray each day that she is going to get through this and will be well enough to care for her 3 children and the new baby. I still am concerned and wonder what lies ahead for us. But also know we will just take it one day at a time. Thanks to all who have emailed me and for all your kind responses. Waiting to hear from you all and for any info. Thanks again you all are a God send to me. 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 2:01 pm

Dawn, thats a good thing that Monica can deal with the pain she has, the fewer meds during preg the better. in my experience with my pregs and my auto immune diseases-during my pregs(2) my body was fine, pain was only slight, but i gladly put up with the slight uncomfortabliness during those 9 months. i was on thorazine while in my second preg-early on, which caused me to have neuro problems and i also blame that for my son’s health problems today. so in my opinion the fewer meds the better. there have been people on here who have had preg/babies so its not really anything to be alarmed about. just make sure Monica informs all her drs about her history and educate them if needed. take care.:)

• Anonymous
      April 11, 2007 at 6:42 pm

Dawn –

I posted this link to you on the “expecting” board. It has a list of meds & if they are safe to take during pregnancy or not. Check it out. Hopefully it will be able to answer your questions.

[url]http://www.safefetus.com/search.asp?SearchType=1&letter=g[/url]

Kelly

• April 11, 2007 at 8:58 pm

Hi Dawn!
      I sent you a message letting you know that someone rreplied to your last post. Also if you are interested, I will look through my papers and locate the number of a lady who is a laison and her daughter with cidp just had a baby and she is doing great! Good Luck!!!! I will pray for you, Monica, the baby, and your whole family. Dawn:)