still not feeling right

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2007 at 12:14 am

ok I slept most of today after taking two ES Tylenol. Running a low grade fever and feel like things are moving into my chest. I am nervous that this could be pneumonia because I’ve had it before and thats what this feels like. I am afraid to call Dr because if he makes me stop the methotrexate that will be [I]four[/I] treatment options eliminated. But I also dont want to be doing further damage by not addressing this. Sorry I sound like a phsycotic complainer but when I get sick I get crazy. Emotional,obsessive and hopeless. I will just have to see how I feel tomorrow. It is supposed to be 92 degrees tomorrow which I have noticed has affected this condition. Yikes! Anyone else have experience with methotrexate? Thanks,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2007 at 10:23 am

linda, go to your doc immediately. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• June 18, 2007 at 10:33 am

No experience with mexotrexate, but I too just got over pneumonia. GO TO THE DOCTOR! Maybe he will keep you on it and add an inhaler, or nebulizer treatments at home. My doctor gave me an albuterol inhaler and an antibiotic. It has been about two weeks and I am still hacking up phlem, and I am just a mom to a gbser cidper. I can only imagine how hard it is on you. Other than in grown toe nails, Kevie has not been sick since he was dx in 10/06. However, when he did get the infection in his toenails, I noticed he became symptomatic. Coincidence? Would he have been symptomatic w/out the toenails? We will never know. There is someone else on the forum whose dad I believe has recently been dx and is still in the hospital. In any event, the treatments seem NOT to be working AND he is fighting of pneumonia. ANYWAY, maybe the infections themselves hamper the halting results of ones medications as well as irritate the wole immune system again. Please go to the doctor and get yourself checked out so you don’t get worse! If you feel strongly about staying on the steroids, express that. Additionally, I do not think you can just go offf of them, I think it is a gradual decline. That is something you will have to ask others on the forum who have experience in steroids, it is just something I remember reading. Good luck, I hope you feel better! Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2007 at 12:38 pm

Hi Linda,

There are serious side effects of methotrexate and they can be quite serious, so please call your Dr [B]ASAP[/B].It’s better to be cautious in dealing with this extremely strong medication.

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2007 at 3:47 pm

Thanks all for your advice and concern. I called my neuro this AM who sent me to my primary and told me to stop the metho. for now. Went to my primary who was very glad I came in and said I am beginning a sinus infection. Put me on zithromax and tylenol for the fever and told me not to take metho. until 10 days have passed. My neuro called to check on me and see what the primary said and told me to go ahead and take the full dose of metho. next week. I hope my body does not get as conflicted as the doctors seem to be. Oh well, I just need to sleep and rest and get better. Its one battle at a time. Thanks for your concern.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 3:03 am

I do believe metho can cause side effects like you are describing. Check out the list of side effects and see if you have them again after you start up the metho again. if you do, then tell your dr and pharmacists immediately. Take care.

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Thank you for that advice. Thats a good idea and I will definitely stay on top of this. All my symptoms now are concentrated in my chest and lungs. Coughing and congested but my fever broke and the antimbiotics seem to be working. Thanks for helping me.
      Linda