stem cell

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2010 at 11:19 pm

How does one become a canidate for a stem cell transplant? Have insurance, will travel.

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I harvested both of my daughter’s stem cells at birth through the umbilical cord. I wonder if that would be an option for treatment???

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2010 at 8:01 pm

[QUOTE=J.Dennison]How does one become a canidate for a stem cell transplant? Have insurance, will travel.[/QUOTE]

I too have insurance and am willing to travel….. Wait, I have insurance, can travel and my own stem cells!!!!! Could this really be an option??????

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2010 at 9:54 pm

[QUOTE=guskno]I too have insurance and am willing to travel….. Wait, I have insurance, can travel and my own stem cells!!!!! Could this really be an option??????[/QUOTE]

YES! Most certainly. Others have had it done for CIDP and some have no lasting damage and are completely healthy and have moved on with their lives.. The issue is finding a doc who has enough experience and is willing to do it for your condition.

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2010 at 9:55 pm

[QUOTE=guskno]I harvested both of my daughter’s stem cells at birth through the umbilical cord. I wonder if that would be an option for treatment???[/QUOTE]

Yes,cif they are a match, but you can use your own also.

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2010 at 10:44 pm

please check threads by alice. she went through the stem cell treatment. I moved one thread to the top. search for others