Spring Has Sprung

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 8:57 pm

Actually started about 3 weeks ago…..hate to rub it in for those still in snow and ice…..:cool:

Went out on a photo shoot today to catch some blooms.

This is an almond orchard in Escalon, California (San Joaquin Valley):

[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/410745897_dc40606d63_b.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Beautiful picture, Ken. That makes me want to go out and photograph some of the georgeous flowering trees here but we already packed the camera since we will be heading for Bangkok tomorrow.

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 10:14 pm

Ken, that is lovely!

There are still a few mounds of snow along the road, but my daughter was sitting on my bed this afternoon and suddenly she gave a cry and told me to look at the biggest trees, they had little green buds on them. I have to admit that I am amazed, so much snow lately and colder temps for Feb than normal, didnt expect to seen buds on the trees yet.

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 10:50 pm

Ken, wonderful sight to see. Be at least a month before that happens here.

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 10:53 pm

Keep the pictures coming. Some of the trees arund here looked something like that until we had the last round of wind.

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 12:48 am

[QUOTE=norb]Beautiful picture, Ken. That makes me want to go out and photograph some of the georgeous flowering trees here but we already packed the camera since we will be heading for Bangkok tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
      Thank you! That would be torture for me….not having my camera handy and seeing those trees!

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 12:51 am

[QUOTE=ali]Ken, that is lovely!

There are still a few mounds of snow along the road, but my daughter was sitting on my bed this afternoon and suddenly she gave a cry and told me to look at the biggest trees, they had little green buds on them. I have to admit that I am amazed, so much snow lately and colder temps for Feb than normal, didnt expect to seen buds on the trees yet.[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Alison! We “kinda” miss the full seasons…..but rather skip the snow!

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 12:54 am

[QUOTE=Mauricette]Ken, wonderful sight to see. Be at least a month before that happens here.[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Mauricette! They bloomed a bit early here and with the cold weather we’ve been having (today was 70º) the bees have not been active, so the farmers are very worried that the blossoms won’t be pollenated which would be a mini-disaster for them.

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 12:55 am

[QUOTE=Jim C]Keep the pictures coming. Some of the trees arund here looked something like that until we had the last round of wind.[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Jim! We were lucky to find this grove because most had a blanket of white blosson petals covering the ground already!

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 8:48 am

😀 No Spring here yet, & officially it doesn’t start till 3/20/07. Send some of those warm temps here.

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 2:48 pm

[QUOTE=dustdemon 1]:D No Spring here yet, & officially it doesn’t start till 3/20/07. Send some of those warm temps here.[/QUOTE]
      Okay….I mailed some warm temps today……:)

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 10:29 pm

[FONT=”Century Gothic”]Hey we did have sunshine & a high temp here today of 57, so it’s getting better.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 11:40 pm

[QUOTE=dustdemon 1][FONT=”Century Gothic”]Hey we did have sunshine & a high temp here today of 57, so it’s getting better.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
      Well sure! You asked for it, I sent it……:eek:

We don’t have snow, ice, earthquakes, mudslides, or brush and forest fires here.
      Property prices are rather high (but we bought before the boom 7 years ago)…… Taxes are low. Utilities are decent. Insurance high.
      It actually doesn’t cost much more for us to live here than what it did in southwest semi-rural Missouri!

Our winter here runs from the 30s at night to the 50s during the day, we have had as low as the 20s at night……we also get rain and fog.

After a few weeks of winter everyone is wishing for summer.

Our summers days start out in the 60s, by 1pm we are in the 90s, and the temp drops quickly when the sun goes down, so by evening it’s cool. There is no rain, no clouds, no fog…… The temp has gone as high as 110+, but always cools way down (it’s a desert climate).

After a few weeks of summer everyone is wishing for winter.

Our “Fall” and “Spring” are the same…..incredible! The temps are in the 70s, little rain, cool breezes.
      I always say, “If the weather was any better we wouldn’t be able to afford to live here.”

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2007 at 11:10 am

[COLOR=red]I’ve noticed Spring comes a few days early here in SC. No more freezing in NJ for me!:D [/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2007 at 11:36 am

[B]Dave it’s snowing in N.J. today. No Spring around here yet.[/B]

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2007 at 8:18 am

Thankyou Ken-L for the wonderful pictures.