spoke too soon

• February 12, 2008 at 11:11 am

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2008 at 11:35 am

Dawn, can he try getting the sol 1 day in advance? maybe it would derail the reaction before it really got started. Just a thought. Or can you get the ivig given in 2 or more seperated days, maybe its just alittle too much for his system to deal with all at once. I would be very leery of giving Kevie that much Tylenol myself.
      Tylenol can affect the body, I use to take script strength for yrs, to help control pain of fibromyalgia(didn’t work) and now I’m allergic to it. It causes me soo much pain, headaches and nausea along with itching and a weird rash.
      Maybe he is having a reaction to the tylenol. It can happen.

• February 12, 2008 at 1:57 pm

Good thought on the tylenol Cheryl, I will ask the immunologist that. When I actually make the appointment, Kevin is just so sick of doctors, being sic in general and all of this crap.
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 6:45 am

I’m so sorry to learn Kevin got sick after all. But he had FUN that first day after. Cheryl’s suggestion sounds good, see what the immunologist has to say. I remember when my kids were due for shots, it was suggested to me by their doc to give them a dose of tylenol prior to the appt. , it worked. Before, they’d be so irritable after the shot that the only way to calm them was to hold them snugly for some reason for a few hours afterward. Maybe this would happen if the solumedrol is given prior to treatment? It’s worth inquiring. Stay positive, we are rooting for you and Kevin. 🙂

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2008 at 6:16 pm

So sorry to hear Kevin got sick. This junk is bad enough on an adult. Can’t imagine it as a child.
      Would a reducded pack of Prednisone work a few days prior to treatment and Solu-Medrol after treatment ?
      I hope he is feeling better by now and hugs to you. Hang in there, it is not easy be a caregiver.