Social Security – Compassionate Allowances

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2008 at 1:41 am

A article appeared in the local newspaper that said SS was allowing 50 rare diseases to a list that would make it quicker, like a matter of days, instead of months or years, for someone to get their disability SS. Twenty-five of this (first) list was for rare diseases and 25 for different kinds of cancers. The article said there would be another list of 50 more diseases to be added onto this list later. Here is the web-page given, but everytime I try to go there I get booted, so I may be doing something wrong. I hope all others may be able to get there. Here it is….. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/compassionateallowances.
      I do hope and pray that GBS and CIDP are on that first list of 50, and if not, keep an eye out for the next list of 50 that has been promised. I know this will be GREAT news to all that has had a hard time of getting their disability SS. It makes me so mad everytime I read on this site where really sick people are having a hard time getting what is coming to them. I say it is about time something is done to quite hasseling with sick people and give them their disability S.S. I say it is about time for SS to have some compassion anyway. God speed and hope all can sleep a little better hearing about all this compassion. ๐Ÿ™‚ Yeah, it will make a feller, or gal smile. ๐Ÿ™‚ If GBS and CIDP is on that list will someone please post it as soon as possible ? Like I said earlier, I keep getting booted there, but am almost sure it has to be there now or on the next list for sure. If not there now on first list we should all get in a up-roar and flood them with mail, and get our congressmen to see why it is not there. I am optimistic now anyway. I never had trouble getting mine, but I still hurt when I hear the way others are treated sometimes, or most of the time.
      Good-Night,
      God-Bless,
      Drummer

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2008 at 4:24 am

No such luck.

• Anonymous
      December 8, 2008 at 4:32 pm

I am still being denied and I am about ready to give up. I am so tired of the nonsense and the hoops they make you go through. I have so much medical evidence and they don’t even want to help me out so I guess time to let it go and move on to the most important battle of taking care of myself

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2008 at 1:09 pm

Hi Drummer Dude,

I haven’t tried that link yet, but have been searching all over the SS site and did find some stuff on peripherial neuropathy (my latest diagnosis is sensory peripherial neuropathy). I quit my job in September (not knowing what was going to happen to the world the next month), but felt I would die at my desk if I didn’t leave because of the stressful environment.

Anyway, I’ve got a couple of friends who are pushing me to get on SS and I did put a call into a lawyer that a friend recommended. I planned on taking off for a few months and had a little cash stashed. Now that I have been off, I have no idea how I can work a full time job again. This totally sucks and I am very, very scared about my future.

I don’t think Oklahoma is very compassionate about anything, so this could get interesting. I’m paying for Cobra insurance with a $3500 deductible… no room for tests with this high deductible. Drag…

Thanks for the info and keep us posted!

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2008 at 5:19 pm

I Had No Problem Getting $. I Retired From Work,the Doctor Filled Out The Forms And $$ Followed The Next Month. I Am Still In Wheelchair With Limited Use Of Hands Since Being Totally Paralized On May 2007.

Tina C.

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2008 at 12:56 am

I copied & pasted the link which you had trouble opening. Looks to be a lot of types of cancer & other life-threatening illnesses. They must be fast-tracking these, as many appear to be terminal, such as ALS & pancreatic cancer.

List of Conditions
      1 Acute Leukemia
      2 Adrenal Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent
      3 Alexander Disease (ALX) – Neonatal and Infantile
      4 Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
      5 Anaplastic Adrenal Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent
      6 Astrocytoma – Grade III and IV
      7 Bladder Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable or unresectable
      8 Bone Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable or unresectable
      9 Breast Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable or unresectable
      10 Canavan Disease (CD)
      11 Cerebro Oculo Facio Skeletal (COFS) Syndrome
      12 Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) – Blast Phase
      13 Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) – Adult
      14 Ependymoblastoma (Child Brain Tumor)
      15 Esophageal Cancer
      16 Farber’s Disease (FD) – Infantile
      17 Friedreichs Ataxia (FRDA)
      18 Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD), Picks Disease -Type A – Adult
      19 Gallbladder Cancer
      20 Gaucher Disease (GD) – Type 2
      21 Glioblastoma Multiforme (Brain Tumor)
      22 Head and Neck Cancers – with distant metastasis or inoperable or uresectable
      23 Infantile Neuroaxonal Dystrophy (INAD)
      24 Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC)
      25 Kidney Cancer – inoperable or unresectable
      26 Krabbe Disease (KD) – Infantile
      27 Large Intestine Cancer – with distant metastasis or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent
      28 Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome (LNS)
      29 Liver Cancer
      30 Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
      31 Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD) – Late Infantile
      32 Niemann-Pick Disease (NPD) – Type A
      33 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer – with metastases to or beyond the hilar nodes or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent
      34 Ornithine Transcarbamylase (OTC) Deficiency
      35 Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI) – Type II
      36 Ovarian Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable or unresectable
      37 Pancreatic Cancer
      38 Peritoneal Mesothelioma
      39 Pleural Mesothelioma
      40 Pompe Disease – Infantile
      41 Rett (RTT) Syndrome
      42 Salivary Tumors
      43 Sandhoff Disease
      44 Small Cell Cancer (of the Large Intestine, Ovary, Prostate, or Uterus)
      45 Small Cell Lung Cancer
      46 Small Intestine Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent
      47 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) – Types 0 And 1
      48 Stomach Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent
      49 Thyroid Cancer
      50 Ureter Cancer – with distant metastases or inoperable, unresectable or recurrent

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2008 at 3:31 am

Thanks so much Pam H for taking the time to post all of this info. Lets just hope and pray the next list has something on it for us too. You can go to [url]www.socialsecurity.gov[/url] and on their web page you can see about the compassionate allowances. It says on that web page as one of the headings, “Social Security Holds 3rd Hearing on Disability Compassionate Allowances. I will just keep praying that help comes soon. Chrissy, it is a downright shame that a working person cannot afford to get the tests they need for a healthy life. I will say a special prayer for you my friend.

God bless all,
      Drummer “Dude” ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2009 at 5:01 pm

One would think it would be on there by now,rats!

Hey drummer dude…Bass dude here…. let out da funk!

/me waives at Chrissy

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2009 at 9:13 am

I got denied several times for my disability even after having a doctor’s statement that I could not work. The best thing to do is get an SSD Lawyer to help back you up. If not they will just keep toying around with you. Been there and seen how it gets with SSD. Hope this helps some in here that are trying to get on SSI or SSD!