social securit disabilty

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2007 at 7:02 pm

i applied for disablity on oct. 13,(friday the 13th), today jan.10th they denied me, what do i do next. file an appeal, they only doctor they sent me too was to see if i was crazy. i’m floundering and don’t know what to do, but hey i’m alive

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2007 at 7:08 pm

Hi T, welcome to the family. it isn’t unusual to be denied first time around. there are a few threads on the site where you can find your questions answered. you can either hire a lawyer or follow up with an appeal of your own. just make sure you fill out all the forms correctly and don’t change your details. keep a positive attitude it will come out alright for you in the long run. i’m sure there will be others coming along in the next few days who will give you their opinions also. don’t give up. take care.

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2007 at 7:48 pm

Because there are so many people who “play the system” is has become harder for people such as yourself who are truly in need to get disabilty. Like Angel said make sure you are detail oriented and keep accurate record. Keep applying. Also find out why you were denied. I believe, if I’m not mistaken you have a right to that information. Legal councel wouldn’t be a bad idea. Even if you can’t afford to hire an attorney, you can call around and usually find an attorney who is willing to point you in right direction at no cost. Best of luck.