————-

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 12:16 am

but isn’t soapy really bubbly-like your personality?! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 1:06 am

Eric Vance suggested
      Soapy and the Crips.
      I think when we get a few more, we could do a poll and everyone vote on their favorite, after all we prolly goan play the tavern till we get well enough to start our big tour.

but isn’t soapy really bubbly-like your personality?!
      Cheryl

Look boyz another admirer. Her husband plays drums, So you know she will come to see us play, soon as he goes to work..or maybe
      Cherl, want in the band? Maybe u could play the spoons.
      manager? I could pay u to act like my girl. Maybe that shannon, her sisters, and grandmaw would stop stalking me then.
      I’m scared to go to wallyworld now.

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 9:50 am

Soapy and the Bubbles

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 11:11 am

that sounds like clean fun!!!! soapy you don’t want me to play an instrument—i have no musical talent at all!!!:rolleyes: i can actually sleep thru my husband playing the drums in the next room. that was one of the ways i could get sleep when i was pregnant with my first babe-she was soo active she would keep me up all night until bri started playing his drums, she is musical and so is my son. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 11:57 am

I want to play bass guitar.If that position is filled I’ll just play the tamborine like Stevie Nicks does, with lots of flowing ribbons on it. Can I sing too? I have experience singing on stage, did it with the group “The Duprees”. I think Eric’s name for the band is great.:)

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 12:04 pm

I have no particular musical talent, so I volunteer to “interview” the groupies

๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 4:28 pm

Soapy – first I want to know how you got that nickname?

Jerimy – count me in as a groupie and I have [I]experienced[/I]

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 5:07 pm

*slips into an IVIG induced coma, grabs his dreams and heads for the stage with his hand in his pocket*
      (link deleted by Administrator)

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 11:56 pm

[QUOTE=Chrissy]Soapy – first I want to know how you got that nickname?

[/QUOTE]

The first words I learned when I was a kid, had 4 letters.

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 3:09 pm

Dear Soapy:

If I started another band, the name would have to be something real strange like Sissy Face. I have played in a bunch of bands with strange names like ‘Office’, “The Four Skins’, and ‘The Zombie Dicks’.

This is a true story, unlike everything else I say here. I was in a band called The Zombie Dicks and we went to play in a saloon near Fort Riley, Kansas. It turns out the place was actually a Saloon/whorehouse. We were hired as one of a series of touring bands so the owner of the saloon never heard our name until he sees the name on the bass drum as we are setting up. The guy comes up and says, “I aint lettin no band called Zombie Dicks play in my establishment. I run a respectable whorehouse, here.” Of course, “is there any other type of whorehouse?”, I ask myself. So I volunteered that we could call ourselves the Zombie Richards instead. He says, “Oh, I thought you was talking about dead men’s peckers, well, never mind then.” Anyway, we played that night, doing our patriotic duty to rev up the First Infantry Division before they went in the backrooms of the saloon and gave their all with the respectable prostitutes of Fort Riley, Kansas.

Now that is the type of story that warms the cockels of my heart. Excuse me if I get all misty eyed on you.

Lee

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 6:53 pm

Hay Lee,
      hope all is well with u. I was wondering wat instrument u played? Show us u can brag, u so good at writing! I luv reading your post..
      I was only in a couple of bands in the early 80’s.
      The first one was Crossfire. Mostly Rock and Roll.
      Then went country to get a house band gig at the local VFW club. That band was called Empty Pockets.
      One guy wrote a song for the band name.
      I still remember the hook.
      I wish they’d take all that money they spend on those dam ole rockits,
      Gimme some back, to put in my empty pockets.

peace

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 2:59 pm

Soapy Pecker

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:00 pm

Gourmet Soapy and the Kind Bunnies

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:02 pm

Filthy Soapy

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:04 pm

Soapy Stains

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:07 pm

Soapy and the Substance

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:13 pm

Soapy Nipple

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:19 pm

Lust of the Soapy Shine

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 3:47 pm

Soapy and the Washrags

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 4:00 pm

“Soapy and the scrubbin bubbles band” or “soapy and the towelettes”

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 4:21 pm

I hope this band don’t wind up playing gay bars.
      *sigh*

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 10:31 pm

Nympho Soapy and the Cavity

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 10:36 pm

[QUOTE=vls]”Soapy and the Scrubbin Bubbles Band” “[/QUOTE]

That ones starting to grow on me. Its got that redneck, country hollar sound.

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 10:37 pm

From the wife…

Soapy Scum and the Mildews

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 10:47 pm

[QUOTE=soapy]From the wife…

Soapy Scum and the Mildews[/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums it up.

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 10:53 pm

How about “Soapy and the Suds”? ………..I really like your wife’s suggestion also. Hey, soapy, I don’t suppose you need an Oboe player in your band, but I did also play the drums YEARS ago!…Vicki

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 11:01 pm

[QUOTE=vls]How about “Soapy and the Suds”? ………..I really like your wife’s suggestion also. Hey, soapy, I don’t suppose you need an Oboe player in your band, but I did also play the drums YEARS ago!…Vicki[/QUOTE]

hummm.
      thats wat we say when something goes wrong
      Obee
      A drummer we need. Really with a drummer and bassman, all you need is a singer, cause guitar players are a dime a dozen.
      this will prolly bring out Lee and his drummer jokes.

and to stay on topic

Soapy and the Porti-Poties

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 11:23 pm

[QUOTE=vls] “Soapy and the Suds”? ………..i[/QUOTE]

She said that was nice and clean.

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 11:34 pm

I’m more like

Soapy and The Scum

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2006 at 11:39 pm

Soapy and the Soggy Mountain Drawers

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 2:44 am

[quote=vls]How about “Soapy and the Suds”? ………..I really like your wife’s suggestion also. Hey, soapy, I don’t suppose you need an Oboe player in your band, but I did also play the drums YEARS ago!…Vicki[/quote]
      Hi, Vicki.

You bring your oboe and I’ll bring my viola, and if Soapy doesn’t want us we’ll start our own.

Deb

PS: and yes, I do know all the jokes about viola players.:rolleyes: This one’s for you:

A violist in an orchestra was crying and screaming at the oboe player sitting directly behind him. The conductor asked, “What are you so upset about?”

The violist replied ”The oboist reached over and turned one of the pegs on my viola and now it’s all out of tune!”

The conductor asked “Don’t you think you’re overreacting?”

The violist replied “I’m not overreacting! He won’t tell me which one!”
      (link deleted by Administrator)

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Hi Deb, loved the joke! Sounds like we’re on our way to organizing an orchestra. Boy does that bring back memories. I could also be soapy’s drummer at the late night gigs. I better start practicing real hard. We might be famous some day.LOL! …………..Vicki

• Anonymous
      July 20, 2006 at 2:54 am

Hi, Vicki.

I don’t know about being famous, but with the way I play, we might be infamous.

Deb

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 3:44 pm

Ok, Soapy, have you given up on the band? We have plenty of names to choose from and people willing to help out. I’m runnin out of money and need to find a gig. If we can all get together I have a promised booking at this years national mountain oyster’s eating contest. (free food too).

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 10:28 am

[QUOTE=vls]Ok, Soapy, have you given up on the band? We have plenty of names to choose from and people willing to help out. I’m runnin out of money and need to find a gig. If we can all get together I have a promised booking at this years national mountain oyster’s eating contest. (free food too).[/QUOTE]

Given up? Never! Need to gather all the band names and figure out some way for everyone to vote on em. Anyone have any idea’s on that? Maybe start a post for a signup sheet for the instrument players? We can have more than one person on each instrument so when someone gets drunk, they can be replaced, while they sober up.. hehe
      Are oysters not a food? Maybe there is a[I] secret [/I]meaning for the word oyster? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I play for beer, food, anytime, anywhere..
      ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 5:25 pm

[COLOR=red]my triangle broke, now it’s a ‘V’ :confused: [/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 5:57 pm

Did you hit it too hard? Beat it too fast? Do ya think we will have to bring a triangle tech on tour?