So glad to find you guys again!

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2007 at 1:41 am

Just wanted to say hello to you all.I was diagnosed with GBS in 1999,and then CIDP when I relapsed in 2003.I have been on IVIG since then,and couldn’t walk at all without it.You learn to deal with the limatations and pain that are part of your daily routine,and with the help of the great people on these boards you find a way to cope.There is so much heart and courage here.I can’t ever thank you guys enough for all the encouragement you’ve given me,especially when I had no idea of just what GBS was.I’m so glad you were and ARE here!!!
      Lesa

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2007 at 6:29 am

Lesa,

Welcome back to the family. What wonderful thoughts and feelings. Looking forward to hearing more from you over time, you have a lot of heart to offer.

• Anonymous
      January 18, 2007 at 11:37 am

Lesa,
      Hi. I want to second that! I was new and scared to death leaving the doctors’ office. He gave me a piece of paper with the words CIDP on it and this web site and when i went back to see him he was shocked that i was up on all the information and i thanked him for this web site. i don’t know what i would have done with out it. The ppl on here are so nice. I hate that other ppl are having pain and difficulties out there but reading what i call “my own words” from someone else helps me feel NOT ALONE!!! I wish i could thank each and every one of you. Hugs to all and thank you for being here, it does mean alot and you should hear it more that you are needed!!!!!!:)

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 1:01 am

Lisa,
      My doc wrote Guillain-Barre after I’d gone through the MRI,spinal tap,blood work and nerve conduction studies.I remember quickly deciding to just say GBS when trying to tell someone else what was wrong.My life was suddenly full of abbrieviations…IVIG,and then finally CIDP.All along the way the people on this board talked me through.It’s a great comfort to hear other people who have been there tell you how they coped,and what to expect.I,like you was scared to death,unable to walk,the worst pain I’ve ever experienced,and sensations I didn’t know how to desribe to my Dr.This site was a lifesaver!
      Lesa