Small victories..

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 2:26 am

Hi gang!

I got a phone call tonight from my dad’s nurse to say that they were able to get my Dad’s teeth in and to stay in position for the first time in 12 weeks! They said his eyes smiled and he seemed happy to have even this small bit of ‘normalcy’ given back to him! Hurrraayyy, Dad!!

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 8:27 am

Great to read your report of progress. Give my best to your Dad. Good to hear he is doing better.

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 10:33 am

Thats awsome, it is amazing the small things that can make a huge difference to someone laying in bed with GBS.

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 10:50 am

Hi Erin–I am Irish too!! I wanted to tell you about a lady I met in the IVIG infustion room. She is well into her 80’s and was sure to tell me she was out of the nursing home, and walking. My Dr. told me she was so bad the priest came for last rites. She was in a coma for 20 days and went to a home for PT and recovery. He has her on Lyrica and she comes in for the IVIG treatments as she needs them. I am 67 myself and was diagnosed in May 06 THe paralysis was just in both legs so I was quite lucky (Irish). I am on Lyrica and Cymbalta and have hadf 6 IVIG treatments. Last Friday I got a hugh bear hug from my Neurologist because I was walking on my walker. I fell in late May and broke my ankle so that delayed my PT and progress walking. Just shows us “old folks” can fight and recover. My best to your Dad and you hang in there. Lots of prayers for you. Regina

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 12:17 pm

hooray hooray hooray. Love to hear the good news. Tell your dad keep up the good work. Look forward to hearing future progress.

sherry

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 4:54 pm

Erin, that is great news. hope to read more good news from you about your dad soon.:) hugs to dad for me!:) take care.

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 6:20 pm

wow erin. that’s terrific! give dad a big hug and kiss for me.
      luv ya,
      deb

• Anonymous
      November 3, 2006 at 6:53 pm

Sometimes “little victories” are the sweetest. Best wishes for many more.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      November 4, 2006 at 12:09 am

Erin,

I just responded to your other post that, from what I was reading, your father seemed to be making improvements. I so happy to hear the great news!

Love,

Shannon