sleepless in NY

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 2:21 am

[SIZE=”4″][COLOR=”Navy”]It is so frustrating to not be able to chat live with people. I find myself not being able to sleep at night and am so sick of TV. It seems like ever since I got the CPAP machine, my sleep is even worse. I only get about 2-3 hours of sleep with it and then it becomes unbearable. Last week I had to go to the dentist because I chipped my tooth. Just laying there and all of a sudden part of my tooth is in my mouth. So I go to my dentist and he says I am grinding because of the machine. So now I have to wear a night guard. I am now dreading going to bed because it no longer provides rest or comfort. It feels like I am in a constraint and can’t wait to get through the night. This does not bode well for already existing exhaustion and fatigue. I miss sleeping and being cozy. So now I just stay up which is not good. I am more exhausted and unproductive. What a vicious cycle this whole damned thing is. Thanks for letting me vent.
      L[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 3:00 am

I know how frustrating it is Linda. I’m hoping you can get some good sleep soon. Hugs! How about a cyber drink at the tavern….I’ll have one waiting for ya!!;)

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 8:28 am

Linda,
      How frustrating! I hope you can find some relief soon! What a vicious circle! I know what yoiu mean by sleep should be cozy! Especially this part of the year when its cold outside we are just supposed to hibernate. Hang in there. I’m rooting for you. I have 3 brothers who have the CPAP machines who swear by those things for giving them a good nights sleep. They all travel with them too, thats how much they use them. Keep trying.

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 9:11 am

My husband and I both have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and need to use cpaps. I’ve been through 4 or 5 masks, looking for the most comfortable one. Once you have a mask that is relatively unobtrusive, it’s just a matter of getting used to it. Have you ever visited [url]www.cpap.com?[/url] All sorts of different types of masks there, plus a forum for cpap users.

Good luck…if I can give you any further advice or want to speak to me by phone, pm me and I’ll be happy to talk with you.

Emily

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 10:48 am

DO work and help.
      I’m on my third or fourth one [?] and I alternately sleep with my mouth wide open or chomping/clamping away in my sleep. I seem to be wearing these things out at a record rate.
      I hope the C-Pap folks come up with a guard that prevents this soon? Or that dentists get smart and try something creative?
      Try talking with the C-Pap doc and the dentist about ways to work around this problem. I’ll bet it’s one they’ve dealt with before, you just have to activate the memory banks?

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Hoping that a different mask will be the answer. If the mask doesn’t fit right, it can be very uncomfortable. I know many people that have found a new lease on life with the c-pap.
      the only way i sleep is with a sleeping pill every night. even with the pill i’m up every two hours to go to the bathroom. sometimes not sure how me and my walker make it back and forth but we do.

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2008 at 3:10 pm

[COLOR=”Navy”][SIZE=”4″]Thanks you guys. A drink sounds soooo good right now. I called my neuro and the NP said I could take a trazadone with the methotrexate, so I am hoping that maybe with a sedative the mask will be less of an obtrusion. By the way, I did check out the web site for masks. I am on my third one. I will keep trying. Thanks again.
      Linda[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2008 at 11:34 am

Linda,
      My newest mask is a Zzz Full Face…small, light, and I’m getting great numbers. Only $90, to boot.
      Stay with it…it’s very important to your overall health!

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2008 at 3:55 pm

Thanks Emily,
      Where did you get your mask?
      L

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2008 at 8:53 am

At cpap.com…for an extra charge, you can return the mask if it doesn’t work for you.