Shocking Experience

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2006 at 12:10 pm

Yesterday I received an electrical shock to my right hand. Today I have some discomfort and numbness. Do any of you think there is a relationship between this and my GBS? I’m mostly recovered with just a few residuals.

• Anonymous
      November 1, 2006 at 1:48 pm

vmac,

You have damage in your periph. nerves and sometimes this never this heals. This reminded me of a few years back a friend played a prank on me with a cigarette lighter that zapped instead of lighting and my hand and arm hurt for weeks.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 12:04 am

Yes, there will always be a “reminder” when you least expect it 😮

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 1:06 pm

Reminds me of something that happened to me a couple weeks ago…

You all know when you turn your neck just right and you get that quick tinge in your neck and after a few minutes it wears off? Well the other day I did this for the first time post-GBS and after wards I got so dizzy and off balance. It reminded me of when I was in the hospital and wasnt able to situp on my own, after people would help me situp I had to sit on the edge of the bed for a few minutes for the dizziness to go away… Well thats what happened after I turned my neck funny ther other week. The really odd thing is that every time I got up for the rest of that night, I had to sit for a minute before I could getup and my balance was really, really, really bad. The next day I was back to my normal (or as normal as things get I guess).

Since that tinge in the neck is I believe a pinched nerve I guess I just react differently to them now then I used to 😎