seizures and thyroid function

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2008 at 5:09 pm

I have gotten most of my morning seizure activity quieted the past few week by taking rozerem, .5 mg ativan, and 75 mg of lyrica at bedtime. I have doubled the lyrica and ativan on night after really busy days when my body is not quieting when I lie down.

Now the next issue to come up has been unusual wt gain and fatigue that I previously have not had to badly.

I have been taking 102 mg of armour thyroid, but craving more. When I first got ill four yrs ago, a dr put me on 240 mg, but then another dr decided it was too much even though I had no symptoms of hyperthyroidism.

SO my pcp on last visit approved “playing with increasing the dose of armour to see if it would help me with focus. It took a while to see that as a necessity, but lately I have been craving more armour, so I started to increase the dosage.

Two days ago I increase the dose to 150 mg and saw no change in function.
      yesterday i increased to180 mg, and started to feel like myself again for much of the day, but by bedtime I was craving armour again.

I woke this am thinking I was doing ok, yet a bit tired. I took my 120 mg of armour, thinking I would break up the dose increase in 2 over the day.
      I went back to lie down, and seized into a paralysis state for abt an hour.
      Eventually hubby found me and helped me medicate with lyrica and ativan, drinking water and protein shake. I was craving armour again, so I took 90mg, giving me a morning dose of 210 mg. Now I could relax!

Afterwards, I was able to relax my body and slept for a couple of hrs.
      WHen I woke, I was definitely still fatigued.
      I’m starting to feel better, and think tomorrow will be better. I am going to take another 30 mg of armour before the end of the day hoping that tomorrow morning I will feel energetic and functional.

I am wondering if any others have experience either with seizures, or thyroid function issues that they have found improvement with.

thanks,
      Erin

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Erin, I PM’d you with some info. I would not raise the amt so quickly but that is JMO.