Same old me

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2010 at 2:12 pm

Hey all,
      I haven’t been able to post because for some reason my old identity is no longer recognized by the site so I had to “recreate” myself!:p Ironic because that used to be my signature. “Myself I Must Create”. Anyway, those of you who I used to be in contact with would know me as L.Cala. So now I am elsie. I must say that it was probably a good thing that I could not post for a while because I got really bummed out from the recent heated debate about the use of the word “cure”. I won’t reignite the flames but I just want to say that I had a hard time sleeping over this one but came away seeing how important our words and intentions are. There are such good hearted people here and I am hoping that the intentions of those are continued to be received. I have benefited tremendously from the help of so many on this site and I only hope I can do the same. This journey of chronic illness is just that, a journey and one that doesn’t end until we do. The fact that we can voice our individual attempts at grasping this life altering challenge is really a gift. Thank you to everyone, especially those of you willing to day after day open yourselves up and be vulnerable. And thanks for always being here for me. No matter who I am that day!:D
      Linda

• February 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm

HI!!
      I wondered where you went!! I hope things are going well! I miss the picture of you and your puppy. Even with my glasses I am having a hard time seeing your avatar, but it looks like an Indian princess or Isis, I would love to be re-invented like that!!! Has your health been good? Well, glad you joined us again you lady of mystery!!!

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Hi Dawn,
      Thanks for the reception! My avatar is actually a painting by Frida Kalho. She is kinda my idol because she had chronic health issues and painted her way through it. I hope you and Kevie are well. What is his latest treatment? Keep me posted.
      All my best.
      Linda

• February 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Linda I am very drawn to that painting, I can’t see the detail, but the colors and calmness about it are stuck in my head. do you have a larger version you could send me? I am going to pm you about Kev as I am no longer comfortable detailing our events for “all” to see.

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hi linda: Welcome back. It is nice to hear from you again. I hope your dance with chronic illness is in a good place and I agree with you about intentions and the importance of words. Having an open mind and a receptive heart helps as well. Jeff

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Dawn its too bad you won’t post news on how Kevies is doing.

I look forward to hearing/seeing how everyone is doing and what is new out there.

I hope you will change your mind and post so we can offer support to you and your son. And we can learn from the things you have learned along the way!

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2010 at 12:22 am

Thanks Jeff. The dance goes on. I hope you too are doing well. I missed your kind words.

• February 23, 2010 at 6:55 am

Linda, welcome back. Re-creation is an intriguing idea … hmmm, wonder if I can re-create me without CIDP??? Ah, well, dreaming is recreational isn’t it?

I am going to have to read about Frida Kalho. Your avatar is interesting, but her story sounds inspirational.

Dawn, the Gulf Coast of Texas is praying for you and Kevie. An old friend of mine had a saying “Illegitimus non Carborundum”. (I can translate if needed.) I’m glad you are still keeping up with the Forum and posting.

Gary

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Linda, welcome back. I like Gary’s idea of doing a recreation sans CIDP. In case you were wondering what that Latin phrase meant, it translates something like this “Don’t let the b******s [those born out of wedlock] wear you down.

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Linda, so glad to see you back….hoping life is treating you better.

I have a mess on my hands and not alot of time for updates right now…but just wanted to say Hi and I’ve been thinking of you.

take care.
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2010 at 4:21 am

[CENTER][SIZE=”5″][COLOR=”Indigo”]You’re back![/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I was wondering where you ran off to. :p Actually I’ve been kind of taking a break from the site as well and missed that discussion too. Just as well seeing as I can almost never keep my mouth shut and would probably have said something like “hey we’re all sick so cut each other some slack”. :rolleyes:

It’s great to have you back again, I’m looking forward to hearing about what you’ve been up to lately. BTW Frida has been an inspiration to me for a long time, that is one of my favorite paintings of hers. I found a nice website somewhere once that had details of her life – what an amazing person!

Take care Linda – good to have you back.

Julie

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2010 at 7:15 am

HEY Jules!! I have missed you!!!! I am so glad to hear that you are continuing the fight and getting the upper hand. I will fill you in on me more privately. Look forward to your colorful missives.
      😀

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Coming out of hiding to say HI & welcome back!

Kelly

• Anonymous
      February 25, 2010 at 6:50 am

Thanks Gary, Jim, Stacey and Kelly. (Kelly, I appreciate you coming out of hiding:D ). It is nice to see friends again and catch up.