S’up mas benches

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 6:35 pm

😮 😮 😮 😮
      I feel like a prarie dog…poking her head up to scout for danger….coast seems clear for now.
      So, much has been thrown down. Peoples feelings are getting wounded left and right.
      I just want to say that if it weren’t for the many wonderful people on this forum sharing with me…i would have no “support system” to speak of. I don’t have a ‘special someone’, my best friend of 15 years died last fall, and my parents have never been emotionally supportive…In fact the crowning achievement of my ma was for her to tell me, at my lowest,weakest and sickest point that if my CIDP continued affecting me like it was, that they were going to put me in a nursing home…at 29 years old.
      ANYWAY
      You all have been here for me when NoOne else has…To speak words of encouragement, suggest ideas which had not occured to me, use this forum as a sounding board for all of my gripes and frustrations…and generally give me encouragement and support which came from nowhere else.
      Please, Please, don’t ever let someone else’s negativity make you abandon this place….
      Had i not found this board, my initial year or two after being diagnosed would have been WAY tougher to deal with…
      So, GREAT for you who “don’t use this forum for support” because you have people in your lives who are your support system….
      Some of us aren’t so lucky, and thankfully, this place helps provide support-and is a sounding board for all of the tough crud which comes along with the diagnosis of CIDP. THANK YOU for being here.

• February 7, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Hi Kitti,
      I will check the site often and pm people to help in whatever capacity I can, friendly, compassion or just a lending ear. So if you need a ear to listen I will respond. I think it best this way. You can pm me any time you like.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 7:14 pm

yes know what you mean Kitti

It helps does this site:)

We are all alone with the health issues anyway

• February 7, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Kitti,
      Kelly told me what your title means, that is hilarious!!!

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 10:42 pm

[QUOTE=Dawn Kevies mom]Hi Kitti,
      I will check the site often and pm people to help in whatever capacity I can, friendly, compassion or just a lending ear. So if you need a ear to listen I will respond. I think it best this way. You can pm me any time you like.
      Dawn Kevies mom[/QUOTE]
      Don’t you dare go anywhere Dawn! You have a big heart and reached out to help my husband when we were scared out of minds. Just duck when the ammo flies and pop back up . The group would be a big DUD without you.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 3:55 pm

OMG!!! Kittispitz…the title had me in stitches. 😀

Like you, I didn’t have the support and had very little knowledge of different medications to help with residuals. I’ve learned a lot by being on the forum. Everyone comes here for different reasons and hopefully, they receive the information, help or support they need.

I truly pray things settle down in a hurry and that people realize how important their support means to others.

Take care,

Tina