?’s On Possible Joint Problems

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2011 at 8:45 pm

It has now been over 4 years since dx ed with GBS & I know HAve been told by plenty of drs that I’m as good as I’m gonna get.
      I have drop foot in both feet worse on left. I wear braces that go in my shoes & up to crew length sock on my calf, this is to prevent lateral bend in both feet.
      When I have my braces on my left foot turns in some. When I take my shoes & braces off to relax or go to sleep, shower, & dress my left foot turns in , it feels much better in that position, if I straiten (sp) it it is painful.
      I was woundering if this can cause a problem with the ankle joint ??
      I know there is some problem because it feels better turned in & most of the time I walk foot is sligtly turned in even with braces on.
      I have notice some drop foot on the right on occassion more than before while walking.

Severe GBS 11-10-2006 DX
      Prognosis was very questionable

• Anonymous
      January 3, 2011 at 2:39 am

You really need to have this assessed by your doctor and/or physical therapist. It could be a condition of the ankle or the hip or many other things.

• Anonymous
      January 4, 2011 at 10:57 am

Yes it could be a problem with your ankle joint. Those who have decreased sensation or use of extremeties, can have serious joint problems. I agree, see your Dr. or PT.
      Love, smitty