Restless Legs?

• Anonymous
      June 27, 2006 at 6:26 am

Hello Anneli,

I completely recognize what you were writing about the fatigue and pain.
      This November it will be 20 years ago that I had GBS. Despite the fact that I had a bad case, on the ventilator and all, I recovered well.
      The only thing that has remained is the fatigue and pain. Further to my husband’s and GP’s advice I was admitted to hospital for a sleep study?
      The doctors discovered that the quality of my sleep is very poor and that i have a lot of contractions during the night which cause me to wake up (without me knowing it). Maybe this is something you could look into?
      I also thought about Chronique Fatigue Syndrom and Fybromyalgia but it seems to be definitely a remainder of GBS.
      I hope this can help you.

Take care,

Annie:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 4, 2006 at 8:11 pm

Restless legs, I know about that!

My contractions happen daily between 4-9 PM. I tried so many meds over the 4 plus years I’ve battled this. 30×3 gm of baclofen and 1 gm of Valium per day is doing a good job for me. But everybody is different. My muscle contraction happen in the legs twisting inward every 18 seconds and holding the leg for 5-8 seconds before releasing. When I’ve over done it or out in the heat too long nothing helps and I’ve got to be active during whose times. I’m very careful to not over do it when I find something that works because you always need more over time.

Take the rest of the day off,

Rob