Repeat Episodes

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2009 at 5:29 pm

I Have A Question For Everyone. Now, I Was Told Back When I Had GBS- That It WAS possible To Have GBS Again- However Very Little Chance.

Now, Has Anyone Here Had GBS more Than Once Or Know Of Someone Who Had It More Than Once? If So, How Far apart

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2009 at 1:38 am

Its possible, but it is considered another incident. I have had it a few times, first repeat was 2 months apart, then another 2 months after that. each were brought on by different illnesses. the first was from a knee surgery infection, the second was pneumonia and the next was food poisoning. Now I have relapses and another neuropathy from the first time called small fiber neuropathy. I have many residuals from this lovely stuff. Take care.

• October 30, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I have had GBS three times that I know of and am thinking I had it when I was 8 because my knees locked when I walked and had to go to the doctor to get special shoes at that time. I got a virus when I was 18 and got weak fast. It was diagnosed as GBS but there was no treatment back in 1958. I exercised at home and was over it in a year’s time. I got it again when I was 49 and had a very stressful job. I had plasmaphereses then but don’t think it helped. It was 14 months before I went back to work part-time and then a year later, full time. I developed it again in 2002 when I was 62. I also had a very stressful job at that time and my mother had died. I got IVIG then but didn’t go in the hospital. I didn’t go back to work but retired after that. It was another year before I could feel good. I have nerve damage still but do water aerobics and sing in the choir. Steps are a problem for me and my balance is not good. Hope I never have it again. I rest a lot.