Relaxational music and meditations?

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2006 at 5:25 pm

Hi,

Do you have any experience with relaxational music or meditation?

I was recommended to try some, so I went to the library and got some different ones.

One of them – a sort of guided hypnotic meditation supposed to be healing for ill persons – actually makes me relax deeply and go to sleep and sleep longer and better without my usual musle twitching waking me up.

When I wake up, I wake up rested but with hot with burning sensations in feet, hands and tongue and a sudden need to get cooled off.

Have you tried MusiCure? or other ways of coping with pains and symptoms?

Thank you in advance for answers.

Ninus

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2006 at 8:56 pm

Hello Ninus, there are – at least here in the US – a number of recordings that are relaxing or even inducing sleep by influencing brain waves. You have to listen to them using earphones. Superimposed on relaxing sounds like rain or ocean waves are frequencies that trigger the natural brainwaves to fall into sync with them. I have several recordings and they seem to work. There also are scientific studies showing that these recordings are effective. Google it and you’ll find lots of info about it.

I actually have a computer program that allows me to superimpose brainwaves on other sounds, like brown noise, and record the output. It’s called Cooledit.

Some of the CD’s I have: Alpha Relaxation System, Brainwave Suite Delta , Delta Sync Sleep System etc. Actually, I copied all I have onto my IPod so I can listen to them anywhere.

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2006 at 9:29 pm

Ninus
      Sorry, I can’t resist this : It sure sounds like a hot flash to me.!
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2006 at 1:00 am

ninus, i use meditation, relaxation therapy and biofeedback therapy. sometimes it works and sometimes the pain is just tooo much, like tonight:( . but i do highly recommend trying it.:)

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 2:33 am

I think you are getting into a personal preference here, but my two cents is that you are heading in the right direction.

If you are relaxed and in tune with your body, you will be allowing your body to work for you. If you are tense and stressed out, you are working against your body. Your blood pressure will be elevated, heart rate will be up. your body will be “on edge”. Not really a place where you are in a “healing mood”. I’ve got to believe that you put your body in a better position when you are better rested, relaxed, and “in harmony”.

You can control your pain better (save money). And I am sure that everyone has their own special process. I have my own as well, and I will not bore you with it. I have my own herbal tea that I drink. It is my routine and it fits my lifestyle. I think it helps me manage, I know it helps me manage.

I think in time the symptoms you are experiencing when you wake up will ease off and you will see benefits.

Keep on meditating

Dick S.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 10:40 am

[B]Norb[/B], thank you – you seem to have experimented a lot on computer and know a lot about brain waves and relaxing. I have tried different ones and some drive me nuts repeating the same sound again and again. The one I like most at the moment is Bobby Zachariae’s visualising and healing – looks Danish and I don’t know whether it is known anywhere else. I am going to look up the ones you listed and try them out, if I can find them.

[B]Dick S[/B], thank you and yes I posted this thread in order to hear your boring detailed process and about your herbal tea – maybe it would help me too. You never know just what little detail is going to help!

[B]Anyone[/B], I am looking forward to your boring detalis as well 😀

Ninus

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2006 at 11:54 am

Having been a sufferer of anxiety disorder since I was 28 years old, I would love to be a more relaxed person, but it just seems like it is something I cannot control. I know to avoid concerts, anywhere where there are large crowds (even like hockey games now,) but I still cannot feel relaxed. I do take klonipin for my anxiety, don’t drink caffeine, but nothing works. But I do feel better when I get a lot of rest & use a sound machine whenever I go into my bedroom to sleep.