Relapses??

• Anonymous
      March 6, 2007 at 10:56 am

Good Morning All!!
      I aplogize that it’s been so long since I’ve been able to get on and post. I was posting regularly in Nov and Dec when my boyfriend Corey was diagnoed with the Miller Fisher Variant of GBS. Since Jan he started back to work, but still suffered from weakness and fatigue. Well over the past month we have had some new symptoms appear. His vision has been giving him problems..his eyes are red and he reports they are burning. He has develepod bruising on his legs, swelling in his feet and ankles and a burning sensation in his feet. He had refused to go back to his doctor until 2 nites ago when his R foot started turning a purplish color. He still has decreased sensation/feeling on the right side of his body. He did receive the IVIG therapy in Nov/Dec. I’ve been trying to research post GBS and relapses. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Anonymous
      March 6, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Hi Erin, Welcome back. sorry to hear your sweety is having problems again. i would make sure he sees his dr and like yesterday! most of what you have described sounds alot like residuals, except the discoloration. that would worry me. he also needs to get more rest and less work, in my opinion he is pushing his luck. is he on neurontin? he needs to get control over the pain-pain is not good to have, it wears on the body and nerves. if he keeps pushing his body, he could push himself into a relapse. the body needs alot of time to heal, he hasn’t had alot of time yet. gbs stands for getting better slowly. keep us posted. take care.

• Anonymous
      March 6, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Thanks Cheryl! I guess I forgot to mention, I was able to get him into an Eye dr today and I also spoke with his PCP who did an Echocardiogram and BloodWork Yesterday. His Dr. has also scheduled an MRI for this afternoon. I do agree that he needs to rest. And I think he acutally went back to work too early. I will keep you posted. Thanks so Much!