Relapse in March

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2006 at 8:05 pm

Hi my name is Mechelle my story is in the cidpusa web as story #20. I have had 6 treatments so far and am now beginning to accept that this time it is going to take time to go back into remission.

I truly thought that if I ever relapsed that I would get IVIG and I would automatically go back into remission. After the first two to three treatments I saw a tremendious difference. Things were changing so quickly that I just “knew” I would be well in three – four months. I have been getting two treatments every four weeks, my next two will be October 19-20. My “good” leg gives me trouble often as well as my arms are beginig to hurt, tingle more often and seem to be geting weaker. This web has helped me so much since last week when I went in to see my doctor, she said I was going through a relapse and nobody knows how long it will take to go back into remission, I had twelve great years with out treatments or relapse and I may go back to one 100% but it could be 80 or 90. She said that there is no set way that things go. What do I have to look forward to? I have tried to continue to work but I don’t know how much longer I can handle working.

I guess I just want to have people to talk to, people that know what I am going through. I’m so glad that this fourm is here now, it wasn’t when I first wrote in April. Jusat reading all the others letters has answered many questions that have come up lately. I know I’m not the only one, thanks

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2006 at 8:15 pm

Welcome Mechelle and glad you found us, it’s nice to meet you.

Jerimy